WMV file creation problem using custom profile

Hello ,

I am facing a problem while creating a movie in WMV format.I have used
a custom profile to create the WMV file. From what i have understood
the Video Bit Rate values acceptable by the profile are 4 kbps - 20
Mbps ( got these values from Profile Editor).

If i set the Video Bit Rate value to the minimum i.e 4 kbps and create
a movie with the timeline dimensions set to 600*496 the resulting wmv
file doesn't get created and WMP cannot play it back.
However if i create a movie with the same settings ( i.e if i keep the
Video Bit Rate to 4 kbps ) the timeline with dimensions 122*52 gets
converted into a wmv file.

How do i decide what Video Bit Rate to set for a given dimension?

Also how does the source properites like Video Dimensions , Colour
depth affect the Profile Settings of Video Bit Rate , Frames per
Second and Video Quality?
Is it possible to decide that if the source has a particular dimension
then while creating the wmv file using a custom profile the Video Bit
Rate and other factors can be pre-determined or they fall in a certain
range of values.

Thanks in Advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about file creation problem custom profile

    The info on the Saving Movies > Custom WMV Profiles page of my site might
    help.

    Part of it is trial and error like you're doing.
    --
    PapaJohn

    Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
    Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
    Photo Story 3 - use the menu branch at www.papajohn.org

    ..
    "Priya" <priyamatlani@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello ,
    >
    > I am facing a problem while creating a movie in WMV format.I have used
    > a custom profile to create the WMV file. From what i have understood
    > the Video Bit Rate values acceptable by the profile are 4 kbps - 20
    > Mbps ( got these values from Profile Editor).
    >
    > If i set the Video Bit Rate value to the minimum i.e 4 kbps and create
    > a movie with the timeline dimensions set to 600*496 the resulting wmv
    > file doesn't get created and WMP cannot play it back.
    > However if i create a movie with the same settings ( i.e if i keep the
    > Video Bit Rate to 4 kbps ) the timeline with dimensions 122*52 gets
    > converted into a wmv file.
    >
    > How do i decide what Video Bit Rate to set for a given dimension?
    >
    > Also how does the source properites like Video Dimensions , Colour
    > depth affect the Profile Settings of Video Bit Rate , Frames per
    > Second and Video Quality?
    > Is it possible to decide that if the source has a particular dimension
    > then while creating the wmv file using a custom profile the Video Bit
    > Rate and other factors can be pre-determined or they fall in a certain
    > range of values.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.

Video Movies Microsoft Windows XP