WMV file creation problem using custom profile

Hello ,

I am facing a problem while creating a movie in WMV format.I have used
a custom profile to create the WMV file. From what i have understood
the Video Bit Rate values acceptable by the profile are 4 kbps - 20
Mbps ( got these values from Profile Editor).

If i set the Video Bit Rate value to the minimum i.e 4 kbps and create
a movie with the timeline dimensions set to 600*496 the resulting wmv
file doesn't get created and WMP cannot play it back.
However if i create a movie with the same settings ( i.e if i keep the
Video Bit Rate to 4 kbps ) the timeline with dimensions 122*52 gets
converted into a wmv file.

How do i decide what Video Bit Rate to set for a given dimension?

Also how does the source properites like Video Dimensions , Colour
depth affect the Profile Settings of Video Bit Rate , Frames per
Second and Video Quality?
Is it possible to decide that if the source has a particular dimension
then while creating the wmv file using a custom profile the Video Bit
Rate and other factors can be pre-determined or they fall in a certain
range of values.

Thanks in Advance.

The info on the Saving Movies > Custom WMV Profiles page of my site might
help.

Part of it is trial and error like you're doing.
--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 - www.papajohn.org
Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org