stuart

hi all just bought a sony mini dv pc107e, with fire wire
card and lead + ulead videostudio 8,

i have been on movie maker but it just keeps saying that
an unknown error has occured my py comp shown my fire
wire card and sony cam,

spoke to ulead today, they say it is somthing with
windows xp home, any clues on where i need to be going,

You have the cam powered by mains?
Turned on in the vcr/playback position?
Connected by firewire?
When you connect do you get the xp ping and found new hardware bubble?
There are no conflicts shown in device manager?
After connecting can you see the cam in device manager listed as a sony cam?
Do you have sp2 installed? If so have you allowed use of the firewire port
from the security centre?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all just bought a sony mini dv pc107e, with fire wire
> card and lead + ulead videostudio 8,
>
> i have been on movie maker but it just keeps saying that
> an unknown error has occured my py comp shown my fire
> wire card and sony cam,
>
> spoke to ulead today, they say it is somthing with
> windows xp home, any clues on where i need to be going,

DVD

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I have had similar problems without resolution.

The video camera is plugged in and in the playback position.
It is connected by firewire and when you plug in the camera the pc pings and
recognizes the new hardware.
There are no conflicts shown in device manager. The SONY camera is clearly
identified in Device Manager.

I do have SP2 installed (Windows XP Home) Excuse my ignorance, but where do
I go to allow use of the firewire port in Security center.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> You have the cam powered by mains?
> Turned on in the vcr/playback position?
> Connected by firewire?
> When you connect do you get the xp ping and found new hardware bubble?
> There are no conflicts shown in device manager?
> After connecting can you see the cam in device manager listed as a sony cam?
> Do you have sp2 installed? If so have you allowed use of the firewire port
> from the security centre?
>

> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi all just bought a sony mini dv pc107e, with fire wire
> > card and lead + ulead videostudio 8,
> >
> > i have been on movie maker but it just keeps saying that
> > an unknown error has occured my py comp shown my fire
> > wire card and sony cam,
> >
> > spoke to ulead today, they say it is somthing with
> > windows xp home, any clues on where i need to be going,

DVD

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I believe I have found what I need to do to allow the use of the firewire
connection, but still do not have success in transferring the video. Any
insights would be appreciated.