Can you boot froma CD in GHOST

Falco <johnyfalco@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:gHOxe.13099$oJ.6857@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

> Is it possible to boot from a (bootable) cd using Norton Ghost.

Yes, you can boot the Ghost distribution CD or
a CD thats part of an image created by Ghost.

You cant actually create an image after booting
the CD with Ghost 9, you can with Ghost 2003.

Falco

Thanks for the reply Rod
I have Ghost 2002 and I currently boot from a floppy and make a complete
local to local backup.
I think its called a clone.
What I wanted to do was boot from a cd rather than a floppy.

> Thanks for the reply Rod
> I have Ghost 2002 and I currently boot from a floppy and make a complete local
> to local backup.
> I think its called a clone.
> What I wanted to do was boot from a cd rather than a floppy.

Yes you can. The easiest way to produce a CD that you can boot
is to make an image directly to a CD burner. The first CD will be
bootable and you can just ignore the image thats also on that CD.

The CD burner doesnt have to be on your system,
anyone with a CD burner can make one for you.