Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HELP - How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk ..

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 1:46:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk via Firewire card?

I have a JVC GR-DVL 30 which has an IEEE 1394 compliant DV output. The
Firewire card on my PC didn't come with any software.

Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use cheap or free software for me to get
my videos off the camera onto disk please? I don't intend doing any
elaborate editing.

Thanks in advance.
October 8, 2004 1:46:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

How about the camera? When they have a firewire output they usually
come with software to transfer the video.



On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:46:45 +0100, "Rikk" <Rikk@ic24.co.uk> wrote:

>How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk via Firewire card?
>
>I have a JVC GR-DVL 30 which has an IEEE 1394 compliant DV output. The
>Firewire card on my PC didn't come with any software.
>
>Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use cheap or free software for me to get
>my videos off the camera onto disk please? I don't intend doing any
>elaborate editing.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 8:12:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

I bought the camera over 4 years ago. No software arrived with it.


"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
news:v3ibm05590e6m4o4d8lqo1cujf5ahrkaet@4ax.com...
> How about the camera? When they have a firewire output they usually
> come with software to transfer the video.
>
>
>
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:46:45 +0100, "Rikk" <Rikk@ic24.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk via Firewire card?
> >
> >I have a JVC GR-DVL 30 which has an IEEE 1394 compliant DV output. The
> >Firewire card on my PC didn't come with any software.
> >
> >Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use cheap or free software for me to
get
> >my videos off the camera onto disk please? I don't intend doing any
> >elaborate editing.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >
>
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 11:32:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

Maybe an answer. Not the same camera, but maybe the needed software.
http://www.askanowner.com/qa/view.asp?s=1&sessionid={6225E307-DEF9-4C9D-93AF-13D9CB84D2DA}&qid=926

Instruction book. Search for GR-DVL30
http://www.jvc.co.uk/search.php?search_keywords=GR-DVL3...

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
--
"Rikk" <Rikk@ic24.co.uk> wrote in message
news:4167ff0f_3@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...
> I bought the camera over 4 years ago. No software arrived with it.
>
>
> "Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> news:v3ibm05590e6m4o4d8lqo1cujf5ahrkaet@4ax.com...
> > How about the camera? When they have a firewire output they usually
> > come with software to transfer the video.
> >
> >
> >
> > On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:46:45 +0100, "Rikk" <Rikk@ic24.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > >How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk via Firewire card?
> > >
> > >I have a JVC GR-DVL 30 which has an IEEE 1394 compliant DV output. The
> > >Firewire card on my PC didn't come with any software.
> > >
> > >Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use cheap or free software for me to
> get
> > >my videos off the camera onto disk please? I don't intend doing any
> > >elaborate editing.
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > >
> >
>
>
!