HELP - How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk ..

How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk via Firewire card?

I have a JVC GR-DVL 30 which has an IEEE 1394 compliant DV output. The
Firewire card on my PC didn't come with any software.

Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use cheap or free software for me to get
my videos off the camera onto disk please? I don't intend doing any
elaborate editing.

Thanks in advance.

dick

How about the camera? When they have a firewire output they usually
come with software to transfer the video.

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:46:45 +0100, "Rikk" <Rikk@ic24.co.uk> wrote:

>How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk via Firewire card?
>
>I have a JVC GR-DVL 30 which has an IEEE 1394 compliant DV output. The
>Firewire card on my PC didn't come with any software.
>
>Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use cheap or free software for me to get
>my videos off the camera onto disk please? I don't intend doing any
>elaborate editing.
>
>Thanks in advance.

I bought the camera over 4 years ago. No software arrived with it.

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> How about the camera? When they have a firewire output they usually
> come with software to transfer the video.
>

> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:46:45 +0100, "Rikk" <Rikk@ic24.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >How do I transfer from Digital Camera to Hard Disk via Firewire card?
> >
> >I have a JVC GR-DVL 30 which has an IEEE 1394 compliant DV output. The
> >Firewire card on my PC didn't come with any software.
> >
> >Can anyone recommend some easy-to-use cheap or free software for me to
get
> >my videos off the camera onto disk please? I don't intend doing any
> >elaborate editing.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.

Maybe an answer. Not the same camera, but maybe the needed software.
http://www.askanowner.com/qa/view.asp?s=1&sessionid={6225E307-DEF9-4C9D-93AF-13D9CB84D2DA}&qid=926

Instruction book. Search for GR-DVL30
http://www.jvc.co.uk/search.php?search_keywords=GR-DVL30&search_type=downloads&x=14&y=7

--