Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich Ported for x86 Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]kronos_cornelius[/nom]Can you use an Android phone if you are diabetic ?[/citation]

No, you'll die.

dapneym

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]No, you'll die.[/citation]

Dead Jim.

On a separate note, I think it would be fun to play with Android in a VM. I just want a way to use a mouse more easily with it.

NotANerd

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
[citation][nom]kronos_cornelius[/nom]Can you use an Android phone if you are diabetic ?[/citation]
Just eat a good meal before using. Make sure you have Life Alert on, just in case. Small bites, small bites.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
What's the point of this? How is this better than running Linux? Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]What's the point of this? How is this better than running Linux? Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.[/citation]

Incase you missed the memo, Linux sucks for anything outside of a server room.

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
[citation][nom]NotANerd[/nom]Just eat a good meal before using. Make sure you have Life Alert on, just in case. Small bites, small bites.[/citation]
Small bytes? Sorry.

lucxxx

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hahahaha how funny they are!!!!! Windows funboys. Just patetic. Is Microsoft Really Bringing Office Apps to iPad? wow man to an linux device???? outside an server rooom??

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Linux is everywhere now. It being a server operating system only is from the 90's, the faster you accept it as a viable option for the average user the better for the average user.

Also as of android 3.0 bluetooth/ usb keyboard mouse and storage are all supported via the current standard protocols. Hell, since normal linux drivers work even usb-ethernet adapters are supported.

hellopeach

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2011
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]What's the point of this? How is this better than running Linux? Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should.[/citation]
Can you run Android apps under Linux? Software availability is always the key.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]capports[/nom]Doesn't look like anything special to me![/citation]
Ok this is the third post of this guy that i've seen, and they're all the same. Assuming spam and reporting.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]hellopeach[/nom]Can you run Android apps under Linux? Software availability is always the key.[/citation]

Do I WANT to run Android apps? Come on seriously, these apps are designed for tablets/phones (at best). Why the heck would I want to run them on a full computer/laptop; what's their value?

kristoffe

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
it looks really fun. now we can VM A4.0 and develop without that shitty emulation system that ran 1/10th normal speed to preview a virtual android 'machine'. I read the new android VM from google would run much faster and have gpu acceleration.

why not. experiment and learn. why go buy a $400 device when you can port it's OS?

G

Wow, linux sucks for anything outside of a server room, such idiots, go back to using your Iphone

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]hotsacoman[/nom]No, you'll die.[/citation]

I hear it actually sucks the blood sugar right out of your blood stream!

agent00kevin

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
Should be great for developers, almost pointless for the average user though IMO. Might be fun to play around with though.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]lucxxx[/nom]Hahahaha how funny they are!!!!! Windows funboys. Just patetic. Is Microsoft Really Bringing Office Apps to iPad? wow man to an linux device???? outside an server rooom??[/citation]

Patetic?

lol.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Hopeless_1337[/nom]Wow, linux sucks for anything outside of a server room, such idiots, go back to using your Iphone[/citation]

I believe those comments were made by Android fans....just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS