Capturing a video from my Panasonic NV GS 33DV Camera

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

I am trying to capture a video from my panasonic NV-GS 33 DV camera to
windows movie maker.The camera is connected to my computer via a USB
cable.Every time i try to capture a video an error message appears telling me
that the video capture device was not detected.If anyone can help I would be
grateful.

Thanks.

Have you tried connecting via firewire?
www.coribright.com

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to capture a video from my panasonic NV-GS 33 DV camera to
> windows movie maker.The camera is connected to my computer via a USB
> cable.Every time i try to capture a video an error message appears telling
> me
> that the video capture device was not detected.If anyone can help I would
> be
> grateful.
>
> Thanks.

I Have the same problem since i have installed SP2 Windows does not see my DV
Camera Panasonic NV-GS210... firewire cable is fine

it initally connected then 5 sec later disconnected.... wont try to connect
any more

Driver issues?????

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Have you tried connecting via firewire?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to capture a video from my panasonic NV-GS 33 DV camera to
> > windows movie maker.The camera is connected to my computer via a USB
> > cable.Every time i try to capture a video an error message appears telling
> > me
> > that the video capture device was not detected.If anyone can help I would
> > be
> > grateful.
> >
> > Thanks.

I wonder what is still missing?

The camera is a JVC GR DVL 805 Digital movie camera. It came with a cable
that fits into the camera on 1 end and the other fits into the computer, a
fairly recently built one.

I assume 1 end is USB and the other (it looks different) is Firewire.

The thing I noticed though, is that the monitor window in MM2 shows the
images taken at night very dark, almost black, whereas on the monitor window
of the camera they were fine.

Is that attributable to such a card ( IEEE139a) or MM2?

> Have you tried connecting via firewire?
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to capture a video from my panasonic NV-GS 33 DV camera to
>> windows movie maker.The camera is connected to my computer via a USB
>> cable.Every time i try to capture a video an error message appears
>> telling me
>> that the video capture device was not detected.If anyone can help I would
>> be
>> grateful.
>>
>> Thanks.

Ritter, could you please keep your questions to just the one post, it's time
consuming enough answering as many as we can, without having to read the
same question over and over again.
See the Movie maker post.

Merry Christmas.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
> I wonder what is still missing?
>
> The camera is a JVC GR DVL 805 Digital movie camera. It came with a cable
> that fits into the camera on 1 end and the other fits into the computer, a
> fairly recently built one.
>
> I assume 1 end is USB and the other (it looks different) is Firewire.
>
> The thing I noticed though, is that the monitor window in MM2 shows the
> images taken at night very dark, almost black, whereas on the monitor
window
> of the camera they were fine.
>
> Is that attributable to such a card ( IEEE139a) or MM2?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> > Have you tried connecting via firewire?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I am trying to capture a video from my panasonic NV-GS 33 DV camera to
> >> windows movie maker.The camera is connected to my computer via a USB
> >> cable.Every time i try to capture a video an error message appears
> >> telling me
> >> that the video capture device was not detected.If anyone can help I
would
> >> be
> >> grateful.
> >>
> >> Thanks.

No, I do not intend to do that. I believe people are not in all newsgroups
and RECOGNIZE the same title of a question.
I feel the more people see a question the more likely one can expect an
answer.
I could not find anything useful being sent to 2 commercial sites by you
without being more specific, where in those sites I might find an answer.

TALK about wasting some time !

"Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
> Ritter, could you please keep your questions to just the one post, it's
> time
> consuming enough answering as many as we can, without having to read the
> same question over and over again.
> See the Movie maker post.
>
> Merry Christmas.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Ritter197" <Ritter197@Comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I wonder what is still missing?
>>
>> The camera is a JVC GR DVL 805 Digital movie camera. It came with a
>> cable
>> that fits into the camera on 1 end and the other fits into the computer,
>> fairly recently built one.
>>
>> I assume 1 end is USB and the other (it looks different) is Firewire.
>>
>> The thing I noticed though, is that the monitor window in MM2 shows the
>> images taken at night very dark, almost black, whereas on the monitor
> window
>> of the camera they were fine.
>>
>> Is that attributable to such a card ( IEEE139a) or MM2?
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> > Have you tried connecting via firewire?
>> > --
>> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
>> > www.coribright.com
>> >
>> > "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> would

Please yourself but you will not receive anymore help from me. I did not
direct you to the two sites listed in my signature, so why did you bother to
go there? Can you not read? and if your philosphy worked you'd have been
sorted by now.
Bye