How do you disable the multiple monitor feature in XP?

I would like to know how to disable the multiple monitor feature so that my
LCD display on my laptop and the display on the monitor I dock into are
displaying the same thing.

Right now I can only have one monitor on at a time or have the desktop
extended onto each of the screens. Neither of these is what I want. Please
help.

Thanks.

generally it's in the advanced properties of the graphics card.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media