Media player update pop-up

Every time I use WMP (version 9) after starting up, I get a pop-up saying
there is a player update and asking if I want to proceed with the update. I
did have #10 but changed back due to not liking how it worked with streaming
media! Anyway, Is there a way to turn off this pop-up message to keep it from
appearing all the time??

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about media player update

    There is a windowsmedia newsgroup -ask there.

    "mo" <mo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I use WMP (version 9) after starting up, I get a pop-up saying
    > there is a player update and asking if I want to proceed with the update.
    > did have #10 but changed back due to not liking how it worked with
    > streaming
    > media! Anyway, Is there a way to turn off this pop-up message to keep it
    > from
    > appearing all the time??
    >
    > TIA

Video Microsoft Media Player Windows XP