Alan

When I upgrade to SP2, the machine frost when doing system check. A .dll
file relating to my video card ATI Radeon 7000 cause the installation to
frosh and cause major problem. I cannot boot up my system and I end up
reinstalling my machine. Then I check the Microsoft website and saw that
Radeon 7000 is not on Window XP Compatible List. Is there any patch or way
to get around my video card problem so that I can upgrade to SP2? Thank you.

Alan

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You buy a new video card.

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I upgrade to SP2, the machine frost when doing system check. A .dll
> file relating to my video card ATI Radeon 7000 cause the installation to
> frosh and cause major problem. I cannot boot up my system and I end up
> reinstalling my machine. Then I check the Microsoft website and saw that
> Radeon 7000 is not on Window XP Compatible List. Is there any patch or
> way
> to get around my video card problem so that I can upgrade to SP2? Thank
> you.
>
> Alan

i would check for new drivers, from memory its a fairly new card so i would
be surprised if there are no updated drivers taht fix this problem

HTH

Look for updated drivers at www.ati.com
www.coribright.com

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I upgrade to SP2, the machine frost when doing system check. A .dll
> file relating to my video card ATI Radeon 7000 cause the installation to
> frosh and cause major problem. I cannot boot up my system and I end up
> reinstalling my machine. Then I check the Microsoft website and saw that
> Radeon 7000 is not on Window XP Compatible List. Is there any patch or
> way
> to get around my video card problem so that I can upgrade to SP2? Thank
> you.
>
> Alan

"Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I upgrade to SP2, the machine frost when doing system check. A .dll
> file relating to my video card ATI Radeon 7000 cause the installation to
> frosh and cause major problem. I cannot boot up my system and I end up
> reinstalling my machine. Then I check the Microsoft website and saw that
> Radeon 7000 is not on Window XP Compatible List. Is there any patch or
> way
> to get around my video card problem so that I can upgrade to SP2? Thank
> you.
>
> Alan

Using same video card and no problems after SP2 install on
XP Pro and didn't need to upgrade driver.

Alan

ATI site said the new driver is recommended for XP with SP2 installed. It's
like a deadlock. New driver requires SP2, but I can never install SP2 with
this video card. What I might need to do is to insert RAGE 128 Pro to do SP2
upgrade and then upgrade back to Radeon 7000 after SP2 is installed. Do you
have any suggestion on this?