USB External Enclosure Recommendations?

I want to mount a Western Dig WD1600JBRTL 160 GB drive in a USB
external enclosure for use with a Win XP machine, I previously stated
that I am thinking of the "StorTecc PM-350U2-ECS V4 Silver Smart
Backup USB 2.0 Dual Fan Aluminum External Enclosure for 3.5 Inch HDD"
from DealSonic at http://dealsonic.com/stpmsismbaus.html. (Rod Speed
thought it 'looks fine'.)

I have since spotted another possibility at the same dealer. It is a
"Creative I/O Silver USB 2.0 External Enclosure for 3.5 Inch Hard Disk
Drives / 5.25 Inch CD/DVD-ROM/RW Drives w/ Fan" at
http://dealsonic.com/sysiusb20exe.html.

Any recommendations/preferences you may have relative to these two
enclosures, as well as other recommendations, would be appreciated.

Andy

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:04:13 -0700, Shel <scs@XXXieee.org> wrote:

>I want to mount a Western Dig WD1600JBRTL 160 GB drive in a USB
>external enclosure for use with a Win XP machine, I previously stated
>that I am thinking of the "StorTecc PM-350U2-ECS V4 Silver Smart
>Backup USB 2.0 Dual Fan Aluminum External Enclosure for 3.5 Inch HDD"
>from DealSonic at http://dealsonic.com/stpmsismbaus.html. (Rod Speed
>thought it 'looks fine'.)
>
>I have since spotted another possibility at the same dealer. It is a
>"Creative I/O Silver USB 2.0 External Enclosure for 3.5 Inch Hard Disk
>Drives / 5.25 Inch CD/DVD-ROM/RW Drives w/ Fan" at
>http://dealsonic.com/sysiusb20exe.html.
>
>Any recommendations/preferences you may have relative to these two
>enclosures, as well as other recommendations, would be appreciated.

StorTecc because of the Cypress Semiconductor chip.

Shel wrote:

> I want to mount a Western Dig WD1600JBRTL 160 GB drive in a USB
> external enclosure for use with a Win XP machine, I previously stated
> that I am thinking of the "StorTecc PM-350U2-ECS V4 Silver Smart
> Backup USB 2.0 Dual Fan Aluminum External Enclosure for 3.5 Inch HDD"
> from DealSonic at http://dealsonic.com/stpmsismbaus.html. (Rod Speed
> thought it 'looks fine'.)

> I have since spotted another possibility at the same dealer. It is a
> "Creative I/O Silver USB 2.0 External Enclosure for 3.5 Inch Hard Disk
> Drives / 5.25 Inch CD/DVD-ROM/RW Drives w/ Fan" at
> http://dealsonic.com/sysiusb20exe.html.

> Any recommendations/preferences you may have relative to these two
> enclosures, as well as other recommendations, would be appreciated.

They both look fine.

The first one has more of an emphasis on
cooling and twin fans and shock mounting etc.

The main difference would be how the fan sounds and you
cant tell from the dealsonic site but the first is likely quieter.