Can I take photos of quarks with a digital camera ? ? ?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,can.vlsi (More info?)

I must take photos of quarks , because I'm a professor in physics.

But I wonder if digital cameras can be used for that purpose?

kaisers_sun@yahoo.com (Brian Raab) writes:
> I must take photos of quarks, because I'm a professor in physics.
> But I wonder if digital cameras can be used for that purpose?

Are you planning to do sexual explicit SM stuff (up and down or
top and bottom quarks), burlesque (strange quarks) or just plain
portraits (charm quarks)?

Your best choice of digital camera for quark photography will depend
on the genre, as well as your budget.

Anyway: Have a nice fishing trip!
When you say you live in the real world, which one are you referring to?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,can.vlsi (More info?)

Difficult question...

What type of energy and duration are you talking about?
or
Are you trying to take a picture of quarks that are displayed on a piece of
test equipment at your lab?

A little more detail would help those of us that are not Physics Professors.

:)

"Brian Raab" <kaisers_sun@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I must take photos of quarks , because I'm a professor in physics.
>
> But I wonder if digital cameras can be used for that purpose?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,can.vlsi (More info?)

"Brian Raab" <kaisers_sun@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I must take photos of quarks , because I'm a professor in physics.
>
> But I wonder if digital cameras can be used for that purpose?

You can probably use a digital camera the same way you would use a film
camera.
Whatever method you use with film would also apply to Digital.

If you use a good SLR camera with film then you would want to use one to the
more advanced DSLR cameras.

Money wise, good film cameras are much cheaper.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Brian Raab wrote:
> I must take photos of quarks , because I'm a professor in physics.
>
> But I wonder if digital cameras can be used for that purpose?

Absolutely - everything is made of quarks, don't you know? :)
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "Brian Raab" <kaisers_sun@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I must take photos of quarks , because I'm a professor in physics.
>>
>> But I wonder if digital cameras can be used for that purpose?
>
> You can probably use a digital camera the same way you would use a film
> camera.
> Whatever method you use with film would also apply to Digital.
>
> If you use a good SLR camera with film then you would want to use one to
> the
> more advanced DSLR cameras.
>
> Money wise, good film cameras are much cheaper.
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --
But the difference in zamera cost would be more than made up by the savings
by noy buying and developing film. And he will probably analyze the mages
on a computer, so would need digital images anyway.