how do I add WEP key

In ADD WEP key in my router settings each pair of numbers/letters is
seperated by a hyphen, when I am asked to add that same key to a client pc
using a netgear usb adapter it doesn't accept the hyphen as part of the key.
Do I just add the whole 26 number/letter combo as is or do I add aspace
between each pair?
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Hi,
    Don't specify spaces, hyphens or any other character in the WEP key.

    /rob

    "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > In ADD WEP key in my router settings each pair of numbers/letters is
    > seperated by a hyphen, when I am asked to add that same key to a client pc
    > using a netgear usb adapter it doesn't accept the hyphen as part of the
    key.
    > Do I just add the whole 26 number/letter combo as is or do I add aspace
    > between each pair?

    thanks Rob Sorted (:>)
    "Robban" <robbansoft@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Don't specify spaces, hyphens or any other character in the WEP key.
    >
    > /rob
    >
    > "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> In ADD WEP key in my router settings each pair of numbers/letters is
    >> seperated by a hyphen, when I am asked to add that same key to a client
    >> pc
    >> using a netgear usb adapter it doesn't accept the hyphen as part of the
    > key.
    >> Do I just add the whole 26 number/letter combo as is or do I add aspace
    >> between each pair?

WEP Networking Microsoft Wireless Networking