DVD Driver

helllllo guys i know nothing about computers and i have 2 problems

first:- i have't got a dvd driver so how can i get one?

second :- i ve downloaded a vedio on my pc (wmv) and i wanna copy it to DVD
so i can watch on DVD player,, could u tell me how 2 do that ...
thanx a lot in advanced
2 answers Last reply
More about driver

    1. Not sure what you mean? Do you mean a codec to watch the dvd? If so you
    need to purchase some dvd playing software such as powerdvd.
    2. Do you have a dvd recorder? If so use the dvd authoring softweare that
    came with it, so long as that accepts wmv. If not convert the wmv to an avi
    file and use that.

    Supply more info like your software etc oif you need more help.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "suzy :)" <suzy :)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > helllllo guys i know nothing about computers and i have 2 problems
    >
    > first:- i have't got a dvd driver so how can i get one?
    >
    > second :- i ve downloaded a vedio on my pc (wmv) and i wanna copy it to
    DVD
    > so i can watch on DVD player,, could u tell me how 2 do that ...
    > thanx a lot in advanced

    1. Easist is to install WinDVD trial edition without extra choices and use
    WMP to play DVDs. Dont use the WinDVD software directly or you would run out
    of trial period.

    2. Use TMPGenc to convert WMV to MPEG2 and some authoring software to make a
    dvd (freewares include: dvdauthorgui and dvdstyler)

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker

    "suzy :)" <suzy :)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > helllllo guys i know nothing about computers and i have 2 problems
    >
    > first:- i have't got a dvd driver so how can i get one?
    >
    > second :- i ve downloaded a vedio on my pc (wmv) and i wanna copy it to
    > DVD
    > so i can watch on DVD player,, could u tell me how 2 do that ...
    > thanx a lot in advanced

Video DVD DVD Players Microsoft Windows XP