DVD Driver

helllllo guys i know nothing about computers and i have 2 problems

first:- i have't got a dvd driver so how can i get one?

second :- i ve downloaded a vedio on my pc (wmv) and i wanna copy it to DVD
so i can watch on DVD player,, could u tell me how 2 do that ...
thanx a lot in advanced

1. Not sure what you mean? Do you mean a codec to watch the dvd? If so you
need to purchase some dvd playing software such as powerdvd.
2. Do you have a dvd recorder? If so use the dvd authoring softweare that
came with it, so long as that accepts wmv. If not convert the wmv to an avi
file and use that.

Supply more info like your software etc oif you need more help.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"suzy :)" <suzy :)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> helllllo guys i know nothing about computers and i have 2 problems
>
> first:- i have't got a dvd driver so how can i get one?
>
> second :- i ve downloaded a vedio on my pc (wmv) and i wanna copy it to
DVD
> so i can watch on DVD player,, could u tell me how 2 do that ...
> thanx a lot in advanced

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

1. Easist is to install WinDVD trial edition without extra choices and use
WMP to play DVDs. Dont use the WinDVD software directly or you would run out
of trial period.

2. Use TMPGenc to convert WMV to MPEG2 and some authoring software to make a
dvd (freewares include: dvdauthorgui and dvdstyler)

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker