Sime rendering advice please!

sk

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,alt.video.dvd.authoring (More info?)

Hi,

From a few days ago mpeg-2 files rendered from DV appear with the brightness
much increased, and flaring on some scenes. I use Vegas as well as Premiere
Pro on this WinXP Pro SP2 P4 machine. I have the same result on TMPGEnc
also, as well as on DVD Architect on creating the disc.

This effect happens only for DV to mpeg-2 conversions.

I never had this problem before and no software or codecs have been
installed on this PC of late that I could tie to this happenning. Nor has
there been any hardware failure, change or additions.

The effect is exactly like overexposure. There are no problems with the
source files and the conversion works perfectly well on another machine I
use here.

I shall be very grateful if somebody can guide me to what to look for - it
has me stumped.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

SK

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,alt.video.dvd.authoring (More info?)

While TMPGenc conversion is in progress use Graphedit to inspect which
filters are active. One of them is malfunctioning. Reinstall the relevant
application etc.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker