Valve to continue with retail channel

schrodinger

From UK mag PCZone;

" Valve Software has confirmed that its forthcoming Aftermath expansion for
Half-Life 2 will be available to
purchase via traditional retail methods - as well as being made available
for download over Steam, surely. "

http://tinyurl.com/apy2z

Shawk wrote:

> I'll wait to see what Valve say...

They have said that a new distributor will be found

<quote>
"We are making arrangements to continue retail distribution of our
products post August 31," Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi
informed GamesIndustry.biz, going on to say that the firm "should have
more details to share soon."
</quote>

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8511

rgds

shawk

Schrodinger wrote:
> From UK mag PCZone;
>
> " Valve Software has confirmed that its forthcoming Aftermath expansion for
> Half-Life 2 will be available to
> purchase via traditional retail methods - as well as being made available
> for download over Steam, surely. "
>
> http://tinyurl.com/apy2z

From UK PCGamer mag:

"In an effort to stop the nonsense spreading, here's a little
clarification on some of the choicer distortions - Aftermath will be in
the shops - Uh no, it's 100% Steam"

I'll wait to see what Valve say...

--
It's a bit of a jump isn't it? I mean, er, chartered accountancy to lion
taming in one go.

shawk

Peter [AGHL] wrote:
> Shawk wrote:
>
>>I'll wait to see what Valve say...
>>

> They have said that a new distributor will be found
>
> <quote>
> "We are making arrangements to continue retail distribution of our
> products post August 31," Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi
> informed GamesIndustry.biz, going on to say that the firm "should have
> more details to share soon."
> </quote>
>
> http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8511
>
> rgds

Yeah - but does that include Aftermath? I suppose that will depend on
how large the expansion is.