Cannot capture video from MiniDV

Seems there are a lot of these issues. Is there a resolution yet?
I get the following error:
"The video was not captured correctly. Verify that your video camera and
capture device are configured properly"
I have read thru threads and all advice and although I sometimes still get a
9 second capture or a 21 second capture I usually get the error message.

Thanks
--
bharvey

Please supply more info.
Make model of cam
method of connection to pc
Software used.
PC specs.
that the timecode on the tape is continuous, does it break at the points the
recording stops?

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media