Please help ASAP! Trying to Send to DV camera

November 6, 2004 11:13:02 PM

I'm using a Canon Elura 50 (NTSC) to make a movie. I've been able to capture
videos fine as well as create a nice movie. Now I would like to send the
movie back to my DV camera so that I can record it onto VHS. I have saved
the video to my computer and things work perfectly. However, when I save to
my DV Camera, it gets toward the end of the movie and the audio/video gets
choppy and sounds distorted. The video is about 12min long and somewhere
around 11:30min it starts to get bad. I've tried re-saving to the camera a
couple times and it starts messing up at different points. Please HELP. I
dont understand why the first 10 minutes is perfect then it starts messing up.

Thanks.

More about : asap send camera

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 12:36:03 PM

Make sure all other apps are turned off, including
screensave/internet/firewall/anti-virus/powersave modes.
Power cam by the mains not battery.
Make a dv-avi file of the movie on the pc and send this out, it tends to be
easier than straight from the timeline.
Try a product called windv, free, what are you using anyway?
Defrag the hdd.
Are you using a 2nd hdd or the system one? Always better to have a 2nd one
or at least a partioned system drive..

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media