free video capture software

Hi All
Does anyone know of a good free video capture software , that i can use to
get the video off my Canon ZR90 camcorder.
My first video camera. I was really surprised to find out canon supplys
image software with video cam, but no video software.
Gees, every computer device comes with software so you can use the device.
Better quite crying here.
Thanks in advance

--
Carl G

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

1. Windows Movie Maker
2. WinDV

Both are free so stop crying.

For best quality also get a firewire (= IEEE1394 = iLink) card and cable to
connect with your camcorder. (Dont use USB even though it is tempting to use
it.)

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker

"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi All
> Does anyone know of a good free video capture software , that i can use to
> get the video off my Canon ZR90 camcorder.
> My first video camera. I was really surprised to find out canon supplys
> image software with video cam, but no video software.
> Gees, every computer device comes with software so you can use the device.
> Better quite crying here.
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Carl G

Hi Rehan
Thanks for the comeback. I have tried windows movie maker , it worked ok ,
but i would like to capture my videos so i can watck them full screen mode
or watch them on the TV useing DVD, without distorting them.
When i used windows movie maker and watch them useing Media player and use
full screen mode they get a little distorted or strecked.
I am useing firewire.
I will look at that windvd.
Thanks
--
Carl G
"Rehan" <info@nospamrehanfx.org> wrote in message
> 1. Windows Movie Maker
> 2. WinDV
>
> Both are free so stop crying.
>
> For best quality also get a firewire (= IEEE1394 = iLink) card and cable
> to connect with your camcorder. (Dont use USB even though it is tempting
> to use it.)
>

> --
> Rehan
> www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Hi All
>> Does anyone know of a good free video capture software , that i can use
>> to get the video off my Canon ZR90 camcorder.
>> My first video camera. I was really surprised to find out canon supplys
>> image software with video cam, but no video software.
>> Gees, every computer device comes with software so you can use the
>> device.
>> Better quite crying here.
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Carl G

Did you capture as a dv-avi file, which is an absolute must.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

> Hi Rehan
> Thanks for the comeback. I have tried windows movie maker , it worked ok ,
> but i would like to capture my videos so i can watck them full screen mode
> or watch them on the TV useing DVD, without distorting them.
> When i used windows movie maker and watch them useing Media player and use
> full screen mode they get a little distorted or strecked.
> I am useing firewire.
> I will look at that windvd.
> Thanks
> --
> Carl G
> "Rehan" <info@nospamrehanfx.org> wrote in message
> > 1. Windows Movie Maker
> > 2. WinDV
> >
> > Both are free so stop crying.
> >
> > For best quality also get a firewire (= IEEE1394 = iLink) card and cable
> > to connect with your camcorder. (Dont use USB even though it is tempting
> > to use it.)
> >

> > --
> > Rehan
> > www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie
Maker

> > "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> >> Hi All
> >> Does anyone know of a good free video capture software , that i can use
> >> to get the video off my Canon ZR90 camcorder.
> >> My first video camera. I was really surprised to find out canon supplys
> >> image software with video cam, but no video software.
> >> Gees, every computer device comes with software so you can use the
> >> device.
> >> Better quite crying here.
> >> Thanks in advance
> >>
> >> --
> >> Carl G

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

You need to capture in DV AVI format.
After the editing save as DV AVI

See this for making a DVD: http://www.rehanfx.org/faq.htm

Also note that WinDVD is different software than what I suggested "WinDV"
(http://windv.mourek.cz/)