hi. am new at this. i have saved my movie to cd but not dvd. could you
help me in getting it to dvd. i read another posting that said to change the
wmv to avi...how do i do this? the movies i have been working on need to be
completed to dvd by christmas. thanks!
also...any tips on how to get quicktime video onto moviemaker?
is it possible to get mm2.1 w/o sps? i downloaded sp2 and it screwed my
computer. not going to go through that headache again, but i would like
mm2.1.
thanks again.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

File->Save Movie As->My Computer->Next->Enter a file name->Next->Movie
Settings.

Stop here and look closely.There is a blue underlined link saying "Click for
more choices...". Click it. Expand the dropdown menu and select DV AVI.

Now press Next a few times to complete the save movie wizard.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker

"photomom" <photomom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi. am new at this. i have saved my movie to cd but not dvd. could you
> help me in getting it to dvd. i read another posting that said to change
> the
> wmv to avi...how do i do this? the movies i have been working on need to
> be
> completed to dvd by christmas. thanks!
> also...any tips on how to get quicktime video onto moviemaker?
> is it possible to get mm2.1 w/o sps? i downloaded sp2 and it screwed my
> computer. not going to go through that headache again, but i would like
> mm2.1.
> thanks again.

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

To convert quicktime to avi use TMPGenc or "RAD Video tools" (use google to
locate)

WMM2.1 is not avialable without Sp2.
Get WMM2.0 from www.download.com (use search there).

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker

"photomom" <photomom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi. am new at this. i have saved my movie to cd but not dvd. could you
> help me in getting it to dvd. i read another posting that said to change
> the
> wmv to avi...how do i do this? the movies i have been working on need to
> be
> completed to dvd by christmas. thanks!
> also...any tips on how to get quicktime video onto moviemaker?
> is it possible to get mm2.1 w/o sps? i downloaded sp2 and it screwed my
> computer. not going to go through that headache again, but i would like
> mm2.1.
> thanks again.

I have downloaded a movie and burn't it to a dvd and when i try to play it
on my t.v.'s dvd when loaded it say disc may not have playback capabilities
what should I do to correct this. thanks!!!

"Rehan" wrote:

> File->Save Movie As->My Computer->Next->Enter a file name->Next->Movie
> Settings.
>
> Stop here and look closely.There is a blue underlined link saying "Click for
> more choices...". Click it. Expand the dropdown menu and select DV AVI.
>
> Now press Next a few times to complete the save movie wizard.
>
> --
> Rehan
> www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie Maker
>

> "photomom" <photomom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi. am new at this. i have saved my movie to cd but not dvd. could you
> > help me in getting it to dvd. i read another posting that said to change
> > the
> > wmv to avi...how do i do this? the movies i have been working on need to
> > be
> > completed to dvd by christmas. thanks!
> > also...any tips on how to get quicktime video onto moviemaker?
> > is it possible to get mm2.1 w/o sps? i downloaded sp2 and it screwed my
> > computer. not going to go through that headache again, but i would like
> > mm2.1.
> > thanks again.

You just can't download a movie and burn to dvd and expect it to play on
your home rig.
You have to convert the avi to dvd compliant mv2 and then use dvd authoring
software to make the final tweak and then burn to dvd.

"BadBrad2004" <BadBrad2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have downloaded a movie and burn't it to a dvd and when i try to play it
> on my t.v.'s dvd when loaded it say disc may not have playback
capabilities
> what should I do to correct this. thanks!!!
>

> "Rehan" wrote:
>
> > File->Save Movie As->My Computer->Next->Enter a file name->Next->Movie
> > Settings.
> >
> > Stop here and look closely.There is a blue underlined link saying "Click
for
> > more choices...". Click it. Expand the dropdown menu and select DV AVI.
> >
> > Now press Next a few times to complete the save movie wizard.
> >
> > --
> > Rehan
> > www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie
Maker

> > "photomom" <photomom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > hi. am new at this. i have saved my movie to cd but not dvd. could
you
> > > help me in getting it to dvd. i read another posting that said to
change
> > > the
> > > wmv to avi...how do i do this? the movies i have been working on need
> > > be
> > > completed to dvd by christmas. thanks!
> > > also...any tips on how to get quicktime video onto moviemaker?
> > > is it possible to get mm2.1 w/o sps? i downloaded sp2 and it screwed
my
> > > computer. not going to go through that headache again, but i would
like
> > > mm2.1.
> > > thanks again.

I have a movie on my Harddrive, but how did you BURN it then to a DVD disk?

"BadBrad2004" <BadBrad2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have downloaded a movie and burn't it to a dvd and when i try to play it
> on my t.v.'s dvd when loaded it say disc may not have playback
> capabilities
> what should I do to correct this. thanks!!!
>

> "Rehan" wrote:
>
>> File->Save Movie As->My Computer->Next->Enter a file name->Next->Movie
>> Settings.
>>
>> Stop here and look closely.There is a blue underlined link saying "Click
>> for
>> more choices...". Click it. Expand the dropdown menu and select DV AVI.
>>
>> Now press Next a few times to complete the save movie wizard.
>>
>> --
>> Rehan
>> www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie
>> Maker
>>

>> "photomom" <photomom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi. am new at this. i have saved my movie to cd but not dvd. could
>> > you
>> > help me in getting it to dvd. i read another posting that said to
>> > change
>> > the
>> > wmv to avi...how do i do this? the movies i have been working on need
>> > be
>> > completed to dvd by christmas. thanks!
>> > also...any tips on how to get quicktime video onto moviemaker?
>> > is it possible to get mm2.1 w/o sps? i downloaded sp2 and it screwed
>> > my
>> > computer. not going to go through that headache again, but i would
>> > like
>> > mm2.1.
>> > thanks again.

JS

How can you burn more than one movie from your computer to a CD. Is this
possible?
Can you put 4 or 5 movies, say 5 minutes in length, on one CD?
--
JW

"Ritter197" wrote:

> I have a movie on my Harddrive, but how did you BURN it then to a DVD disk?
>

> "BadBrad2004" <BadBrad2004@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have downloaded a movie and burn't it to a dvd and when i try to play it
> > on my t.v.'s dvd when loaded it say disc may not have playback
> > capabilities
> > what should I do to correct this. thanks!!!
> >

> > "Rehan" wrote:
> >
> >> File->Save Movie As->My Computer->Next->Enter a file name->Next->Movie
> >> Settings.
> >>
> >> Stop here and look closely.There is a blue underlined link saying "Click
> >> for
> >> more choices...". Click it. Expand the dropdown menu and select DV AVI.
> >>
> >> Now press Next a few times to complete the save movie wizard.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Rehan
> >> www.rehanfx.org - get more effects and transitions for Windows Movie
> >> Maker
> >>

> >> "photomom" <photomom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You will use your third party burning software and create a VCD or SVCD with
several different movie files.... VCD fits about 55 minutes, SVCD about 25
minutes.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)