DVD writing software that spans multiple DVDs?

chirag

Does anyone know any software that will allow data be to spanned across
multiple DVDs? I do NOT want to compress the data (e.g. zip or rar) or
store it in some propietary format. I would like the software to
automaically split up the data. For example, 20GB of data is
automatically split up and burned to 5 DVDs.

Thanks,
Chirag

"Chirag" <patelc75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know any software that will allow data be to spanned across
> multiple DVDs? I do NOT want to compress the data (e.g. zip or rar) or
> store it in some propietary format. I would like the software to
> automaically split up the data. For example, 20GB of data is
> automatically split up and burned to 5 DVDs.

Burn to the Brim would do it.

http://bttb.sourceforge.net/

Chirag <patelc75@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know any software that will
> allow data be to spanned across multiple DVDs?

Roxio Easy Media Creator does that fine and does it quite elegantly.

> I do NOT want to compress the data (e.g. zip or rar)
> or store it in some propietary format. I would like the
> software to automaically split up the data. For example,
> 20GB of data is automatically split up and burned to 5 DVDs.

EMC does that.

That is a tough request. I used to use a product years ago called Roxio
WinOnCD, which was distributed by the German branch of Roxio, see at
www.roxio.de.

I seem to remember, after looking around a long time, that WinOnCD (now
in DVD version) was the best disk spanning product. Give it a look.

Rod Speed wrote:
> John IV <mame32qa@hotmail.com> wrote
> > Chirag <patelc75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >> Does anyone know any software that will allow data be to spanned
> >> across multiple DVDs? I do NOT want to compress the data (e.g. zip or rar) or
> >> store it in some propietary format. I would like the
> >> software to automaically split up the data. For example, 20GB of data is
> >> automatically split up and burned to 5 DVDs.
>
> > Burn to the Brim would do it.
> > http://bttb.sourceforge.net/
>
> Thats doing something else entirely.
>
> It wont help with a single 20G file.

John IV <mame32qa@hotmail.com> wrote
> Chirag <patelc75@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Does anyone know any software that will allow data be to spanned
>> across multiple DVDs? I do NOT want to compress the data (e.g. zip or rar) or
>> store it in some propietary format. I would like the
>> software to automaically split up the data. For example, 20GB of data is
>> automatically split up and burned to 5 DVDs.

> Burn to the Brim would do it.
> http://bttb.sourceforge.net/

Thats doing something else entirely.

It wont help with a single 20G file.

I am sure that many folks have had no problem with Roxio 7, but it damn
near destroyed my computer. Installing it relettered all my drives,
unhid hidden partitions, just awful. There were others in their
knowledge base who had similar problems, so it wasn't just me, but
nobody ever offered a solution. Fortunately, I had an backup, so I was
back in business in a few minutes, but I wouldn't touch it ever again.

Make sure you have a backup if you try it, all I gotta say.

Rod Speed wrote:
> Irwin <ebct@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That is a tough request.
>
> Nope.
>
> > I used to use a product years ago called Roxio WinOnCD, which was
> > distributed by the German branch of Roxio, see at www.roxio.de.
>
> > I seem to remember, after looking around a long time, that WinOnCD
> > (now in DVD version) was the best disk spanning product. Give it a look.
>
> Standard Roxio Easy Media Creator handles that fine in
> Creator Classic in at least 7 and 7.5, didnt even try it in 6.
>

> > Rod Speed wrote
> >> John IV <mame32qa@hotmail.com> wrote

> >> Thats doing something else entirely.
>
> >> It wont help with a single 20G file.

Irwin <ebct@hotmail.com> wrote:

> That is a tough request.

Nope.

> I used to use a product years ago called Roxio WinOnCD, which was
> distributed by the German branch of Roxio, see at www.roxio.de.

> I seem to remember, after looking around a long time, that WinOnCD
> (now in DVD version) was the best disk spanning product. Give it a look.

Standard Roxio Easy Media Creator handles that fine in
Creator Classic in at least 7 and 7.5, didnt even try it in 6.

> Rod Speed wrote
>> John IV <mame32qa@hotmail.com> wrote
>>> Chirag <patelc75@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> Burn to the Brim would do it.
>>> http://bttb.sourceforge.net/

>> Thats doing something else entirely.

>> It wont help with a single 20G file.

Irwin <ebct@hotmail.com> wrote

> I am sure that many folks have had no problem with Roxio 7, but
> it damn near destroyed my computer. Installing it relettered all
> my drives, unhid hidden partitions, just awful. There were others in
> their knowledge base who had similar problems, so it wasn't just me,

Very few reports of anything like that.

> but nobody ever offered a solution. Fortunately, I had an backup, so I
> was back in business in a few minutes, but I wouldn't touch it ever again.

I've never used anything else much, never had a problem
over what must be about 10 versions or more now.

> Make sure you have a backup if you try it, all I gotta say.

Sure, I always do that before installing anything.