Too many connection issues

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2004 11:37:34 PM

I am trawling my way through all of the newsgroups and there is a serious
issue with wireless connectivity and SP2. i am certainly no professional but
through these newsgroups and the kind help of many people I am begining to
understand the vaguries of windows. Now, recently I had a completely
functioning wireless network. My business pc was running well and my kids
were happy that they could keep up with their friends through the likes of
Messenger etc, my wife could use the pc whilst I continued to work on my
laptop, Ours was a happy home. Then the windows updater decided to download
SP2. I had read that this update was a major step in pc security so I had to
accept it. Now the only pc that works is my Host PC, I cannot establish a
wireless connection for love nor money. I told my nephew that I had download
and Installed sp2 and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
professional and often gives me good advice). I wonder if I put a chitty
into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
would pay me? doubt it don't you?
Get it sorted for Gods sake, this is ridiculous

More about : connection issues

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2004 11:37:35 PM

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trawling my way through all of the newsgroups and there is a
>serious issue with wireless connectivity and SP2. i am certainly no
>professional but through these newsgroups and the kind help of many
>people I am begining to understand the vaguries of windows. Now,
>recently I had a completely functioning wireless network. My business
>pc was running well and my kids were happy that they could keep up with
>their friends through the likes of Messenger etc, my wife could use the
>pc whilst I continued to work on my laptop, Ours was a happy home. Then
>the windows updater decided to download SP2. I had read that this
>update was a major step in pc security so I had to accept it. Now the
>only pc that works is my Host PC, I cannot establish a wireless
>connection for love nor money. I told my nephew that I had download and
>Installed sp2 and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>professional and often gives me good advice). I wonder if I put a
>chitty into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem
>that they would pay me? doubt it don't you?
> Get it sorted for Gods sake, this is ridiculous

Is the Windows firewall working or do you have a third-party firewall?
Use only one or the other; the latter is preferable, IMO. You can try
this: Open TCP/IP properties for the connection, General tab, Advanced
properties, Options tab, TCP/IP filtering, TCP/IP filtering properties,
Check Enable and then select Permit All for all three ports/protocols.
Now, if you do not have a firewall operating, this can be a bad idea.
Kerio, ZoneAlarm, Sygate, etc, have free personal firewalls.

a b F Wireless
September 6, 2004 3:53:22 AM

Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?

-PA

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:us3Lpd3kEHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
> professional and often gives me good advice).

did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?

>I wonder if I put a chitty
> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
> would pay me? doubt it don't you?

Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window when SP
started to install?

--PA
a b F Wireless
September 6, 2004 11:09:15 AM

Hi Pavel, I put too many connection issues because myself, like many others
have posted regarding this issue and there does not seem to be a straight
fix for this issue. You obviously spend a great deal of your time assisting
people like me, take a look at the NG and others on the net regarding the
xpSP2 wireless connectivity issue, then tell me how many of them have posted
back with problem solved messages, (I haven't found many). You cannot
believe the frustration it causes when after every failure I have to make
another post (not being gauranteed a reply) and then having to go through
the awful procedure of running here there and everywhere to configure
machines.
"Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
> Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?
>
> -PA
>
> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>> professional and often gives me good advice).
>
> did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?
>
>>I wonder if I put a chitty
>> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
>> would pay me? doubt it don't you?
>
> Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window when SP
> started to install?
>
> --PA

September 6, 2004 11:20:51 AM

I applied SP2 about a week ago and it did indeed kill my wireless network. I
turned off the windows firewall and everything now works fine.

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o KZtKg9kEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi Pavel, I put too many connection issues because myself, like many
> others have posted regarding this issue and there does not seem to be a
> straight fix for this issue. You obviously spend a great deal of your time
> assisting people like me, take a look at the NG and others on the net
> regarding the xpSP2 wireless connectivity issue, then tell me how many of
> them have posted back with problem solved messages, (I haven't found
> many). You cannot believe the frustration it causes when after every
> failure I have to make another post (not being gauranteed a reply) and
> then having to go through the awful procedure of running here there and
> everywhere to configure machines.
> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?
>>
>> -PA
>>
>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>>> professional and often gives me good advice).
>>
>> did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?
>>
>>>I wonder if I put a chitty
>>> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that they
>>> would pay me? doubt it don't you?
>>
>> Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window when
>> SP
>> started to install?
>>
>> --PA

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 9, 2004 2:25:44 AM

"Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o KZtKg9kEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi Pavel, I put too many connection issues because myself, like many
> others have posted regarding this issue and there does not seem to be
> a straight fix for this issue. You obviously spend a great deal of
> your time assisting people like me, take a look at the NG and others
> on the net regarding the xpSP2 wireless connectivity issue, then tell
> me how many of them have posted back with problem solved messages, (I
> haven't found many). You cannot believe the frustration it causes when
> after every failure I have to make another post (not being gauranteed
> a reply) and then having to go through the awful procedure of running
> here there and everywhere to configure machines.
> "Pavel A." <pavel_a@geeklife.com> wrote in message
>> Ok, now why you put "Too many connection issues" in the subject?
>>
>> -PA
>>
>> "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> and he called me a prat or something similar (He is a IT
>>> professional and often gives me good advice).
>>
>> did you asked him to do his magic and rescue you once again?
>>
>>>I wonder if I put a chitty
>>> into microsoft for 3 days work trying to resolve this problem that
>>> they
>>> would pay me? doubt it don't you?
>>
>> Of course, not. Remember that little user license agreement window
>> when SP
>> started to install?
>>
>> --PA

Strictly speaking, it is not necessary or desirable to respond to a
troll.