Direct X

How does one uninstall Direct X?

I applied Direct X 9 and now my movies are showing upside down.

When I run dxdiag it says some of my files are old and may cause
problems. I tried to reinstall Direct X 9 but the files do not over-write.
2 answers Last reply
More about direct

    As far as I can see you cant uninstall. Windows update suggested taking a
    backup of settings or something before applying. Don't think anyone does this
    or knows how to I didnt.

    Anyway think applying that messed mine up to now I get black screen when I
    play my DVDs sound is fine but no picture.

    Intervideo says something about lowering colors and res which I set to
    lowest but still no joy. Windows media player 10 the same problem.

    "Hal(nospam)Murray" wrote:

    > How does one uninstall Direct X?
    >
    > I applied Direct X 9 and now my movies are showing upside down.
    >
    > When I run dxdiag it says some of my files are old and may cause
    > problems. I tried to reinstall Direct X 9 but the files do not over-write.

    I eventually did a complete fresh install of Win XP because SP2 was
    causing some problems with a few apps.

    Anyhow my original problem with video display of movies in Media Player
    were solved by installing new codexs. I used Codex All in One.

    Adamski wrote:
    > As far as I can see you cant uninstall. Windows update suggested taking a
    > backup of settings or something before applying. Don't think anyone does this
    > or knows how to I didnt.
    >
    > Anyway think applying that messed mine up to now I get black screen when I
    > play my DVDs sound is fine but no picture.
    >
    > Intervideo says something about lowering colors and res which I set to
    > lowest but still no joy. Windows media player 10 the same problem.
    >
    > "Hal(nospam)Murray" wrote:
    >

    >>How does one uninstall Direct X?
    >>
    >>I applied Direct X 9 and now my movies are showing upside down.
    >>
    >>When I run dxdiag it says some of my files are old and may cause
    >>problems. I tried to reinstall Direct X 9 but the files do not over-write.

Video Microsoft Directx Windows XP