Direct X

November 10, 2004 3:19:57 AM

How does one uninstall Direct X?

I applied Direct X 9 and now my movies are showing upside down.

When I run dxdiag it says some of my files are old and may cause
problems. I tried to reinstall Direct X 9 but the files do not over-write.

More about : direct

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 11:49:04 AM

As far as I can see you cant uninstall. Windows update suggested taking a
backup of settings or something before applying. Don't think anyone does this
or knows how to I didnt.

Anyway think applying that messed mine up to now I get black screen when I
play my DVDs sound is fine but no picture.

Intervideo says something about lowering colors and res which I set to
lowest but still no joy. Windows media player 10 the same problem.

"Hal(nospam)Murray" wrote:

> How does one uninstall Direct X?
>
> I applied Direct X 9 and now my movies are showing upside down.
>
> When I run dxdiag it says some of my files are old and may cause
> problems. I tried to reinstall Direct X 9 but the files do not over-write.

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 4:22:43 AM

I eventually did a complete fresh install of Win XP because SP2 was
causing some problems with a few apps.

Anyhow my original problem with video display of movies in Media Player
were solved by installing new codexs. I used Codex All in One.

!