recording vhs tapes to dvd

I have just recently bought a emachine-windows media center edition. I am
trying to figure out how to record all of my old vhs tapes onto dvds. I was
told that this media center could do it but I can not find any info on it. I
already have the vcr hooked up to the computer and I can watch a vcr tape
through the media center if it is on channel 4. But after that I am stuck!
I'm still learning all of the lingo! Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about recording tapes

    Not familiar with emachine software,however you can download WM9 series
    encoder to capture the video,then convert,convert to a new folder,then let
    youre dvd software write to a dvd.Youll find the encoder at windows media,or
    at download center,you should try the add-ons for it also.

    "ussswife" wrote:

    > I have just recently bought a emachine-windows media center edition. I am
    > trying to figure out how to record all of my old vhs tapes onto dvds. I was
    > told that this media center could do it but I can not find any info on it. I
    > already have the vcr hooked up to the computer and I can watch a vcr tape
    > through the media center if it is on channel 4. But after that I am stuck!
    > I'm still learning all of the lingo! Thanks.

Video DVD Media Center Microsoft Windows XP