Hi.
I have a capture problem here with Canon MV700i used in Firewire. I can
control the camera via software (play, stop, etc) but no image in preview,
regardless of the software used.
Testing on different PC led me to believe that it's a ServicePack and/or
DirectX problem:
Not working on WinXP SP1 with DX 9.0b
Not working on WinXP SP1 with DX 9.0c
Not working on WinXP SP2 with DX 9.0c
Working on Win2003 server with DX 8.1

I'm having exactly the same problem with my MV20e, with the exception that I
get a scrambled single frame in both clip and preview, in both Studio 9.35
and Moviemaker. I've reinstalled everything in sight, including removing and
reinstalling SP2, with no effect.
I'm waiting for replies from Pinnacle and from Canon. The latter's initial
response is that it may be an SP2 problem. Is there a Microsoft response to
this?

"Isdexecutor" wrote:

> Hi.
> I have a capture problem here with Canon MV700i used in Firewire. I can
> control the camera via software (play, stop, etc) but no image in preview,
> regardless of the software used.
> Testing on different PC led me to believe that it's a ServicePack and/or
> DirectX problem:
> Not working on WinXP SP1 with DX 9.0b
> Not working on WinXP SP1 with DX 9.0c
> Not working on WinXP SP2 with DX 9.0c
> Working on Win2003 server with DX 8.1

Format my HD and reinstalled WinXp.
Did not receive image on WinXP with no service pack.
Did not receive image on SP1.
Did not receive image on SP2.

Format again and installed Redhat 8.
My camera works perfectly. Too bad that I cannot return the defective
product called WinXP to the vendor.
Also it is curious how a camera labelled "Designed for Windows XP" is
working on anything but Windows XP. That has to be a legal infringement there.

Anyway thanks for all the fish,
ISD.

Hi,I Have the same problem, but i cannot use Linux. Who can help me on WinXP
side?

Thanks.
Mat