DVD burning problem

I recently decided to bite the bullet and I bought Windows XP Pro full retail
edition. I was previously using Win98SE and had NO trouble at all with
either my CDR or my DVD/CDR Combo drive using the Nero OEM Suite (v 6.0).

Now when I try to burn a CDR or DVR I get an error message that reads:

"SCSI command aborted"
"Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1213S\HO T1"

....and the burn fails. I have ruined 4 TDK DVD +R (which had been burning
just fine under Win98SE) and still cannot burn a thing!

I have upgraded the Nero software to the latest edition (6.6.0.1). I am
running Windows XP with SP2. I did not upgrade, I actually formatted my
drive and did a complete clean install. The only other DVD software I have
installed is Power DVD which came with my drive along with the Nero OEM
Suite. My drive has been enabled to record CD's.

I tell ya, I'm at my wits end. This is how I back up my computer! I am
beginning to think I wasted $300 on software yet again. Help!?!
1 answer Last reply
More about burning problem

    Is the burner attached via SCSI card? Do you have updated drivers for the
    card?
    www.coribright.com

    "Jayson the XP novice" <JaysontheXPnovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:DB89BFC7-A71F-4CC7-BA3D-837067178A5A@microsoft.com...
    >I recently decided to bite the bullet and I bought Windows XP Pro full
    >retail
    > edition. I was previously using Win98SE and had NO trouble at all with
    > either my CDR or my DVD/CDR Combo drive using the Nero OEM Suite (v 6.0).
    >
    > Now when I try to burn a CDR or DVR I get an error message that reads:
    >
    > "SCSI command aborted"
    > "Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1213S\HO T1"
    >
    > ...and the burn fails. I have ruined 4 TDK DVD +R (which had been burning
    > just fine under Win98SE) and still cannot burn a thing!
    >
    > I have upgraded the Nero software to the latest edition (6.6.0.1). I am
    > running Windows XP with SP2. I did not upgrade, I actually formatted my
    > drive and did a complete clean install. The only other DVD software I
    > have
    > installed is Power DVD which came with my drive along with the Nero OEM
    > Suite. My drive has been enabled to record CD's.
    >
    > I tell ya, I'm at my wits end. This is how I back up my computer! I am
    > beginning to think I wasted $300 on software yet again. Help!?!

Video Burner Windows XP