Canon Pro1 or Olympus c-8080 wz

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Hi there

Im planning to buy my first digital camera, don't what something to
complexed
since its my first time ever working with a camera.But also what
one that I can grow with, without the
limitations.Was wondering if anybody has any experiences with
theses cameras.

Thanks in advance...

Jamie

Blank

I have a Pro-1 and I love it. I have had no problems - have traveled with it
over most of the Western US (on a motorcycle), and taken thousands of
pictures. Because I read some reviews critical of battery life, I purchased
two spare batteries. Don't need them - only a couple of times have I needed
to change the battery, so a single spare would be more than adequate unless
you are a very heavy user. I shoot the highest resolution in super-fine
mode, and get around 100 pictures on a 256 meg compact flash card. I have 3
flash cards, and one time (on a 2 week trip) ran out of flash card memory
and had to use a local shop to download them to a CD so I could reuse them.
Next time I'll take a laptop along (space is limited on 2 wheels). My only
complaint - truly trivial - is there is no tether on the lens cap so if you
are not careful, you could loose it.

Check www.dpreview.com for lots of information and reviews on quite a
variety of cameras. An excellent resource regardless of which brands or
models you are considering.

Carl.