Valve Employee Seen Wearing Half-Life 3 Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
arggh not this again. Although it didnt take long to get on toms.

This is all over the hl2 forums. One of the posters there contacted valve asking for gabe but was serviced by someone else and couldn’t give any concrete evidence it was anything official.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
I just hope this is true. I cant wait to see new HL3 on new source engine. Valve is very innovative and HL franchise is IMO one of the best out there.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
^^ very much so. I can't wait either, though would have been nice to get ep3 out of the way first. But if hl3 took its place and is what valve thinks best then i trust them.

I was relaying the consensus from the hl2 forums because how long have we been waiting and just about every hr there’s a hoohaa speculation about hl2 ep3 or hl3. gets a bit old that.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Valve...PLEASE JUST PLEASEEEEE release something!! I retract that statement..take your time (though it's been long enough), I want to play again :(

Half-Life is my favorite game series/universe, alongside Halo.

G

Ellen McLain -- who provides the voice for Portal's GlaDOS -- was linked to Half-Life 3 by her husband, another voice actor who supplies his voice to Team Fortress 2's Sniper.

so, the voice for GLADOS and the sniper are married?
holy crap I want to hear them talk.

G

As much as I'd love to see HL3 or Episode 3 be officially announced, I'm thinking the photo was doctored or the shirt self made.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
The boys at Valve are pretty clever, you never know this could be a trick inside a trick. "Trick" people into thinking HL3 is in development then turn around and actually trick people into thinking it is trolling. When indeed they actually are making it. Then when they announce it and everyone is in shock, they will turn around and say something like "What are you shocked about? You saw the shirt already!" Or maybe this is just me hoping that is what is actually going on.

Ellen McLain -- who provides the voice for Portal's GlaDOS -- was linked to Half-Life 3 by her husband, another voice actor who supplies his voice to Team Fortress 2's Sniper.

This is neat, and I was unaware of this fact. I would have never guessed these two people even knew each other never-mind being married.

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Whats so new about it? Someone can have faked the logo on the t shirt. Is there any official confirmation on HL3 or HL episode 3. I am waiting to play the 3rd episode of series

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I guess the only real disappointment is that Valve will likely release HL3 or HL2:Ep3 on the insanely dated source engine.

Yes, I know L4D and L4D2 were great, but it's time for a new engine already! I'm hoping this is why it's taken them so long, but I really doubt it.

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Would be hilarious if Valve called it Half Life 2: episode 2 -II or something equally retarded.

At least valve has a problem with numbers greater than two. The Final Fantasy series are up to Final Fantasy XII-2

Anyways Valve did release something with a 3 on it a while ago, Portal 2: Songs to Test by Album.
So don't get all surprised because that boat left.

Valve doesn't have to update the Source engine, sure they are using Dx9, but hey these games look
amazing on our Modern Gaming Computers and even if we don't own high end gaming computer we can still run these games flawlessly.

Though these updates that break games should stop, especially updates that say that the update fixes things but actually breaks even more things.

G

They may be "marketing genius(s)" but they SUCK at the episodic concept. Episode 1 and 2 were both on the short side of things. This "episode" better be bloody epic as it's been 4+ years in the making!

Status
Not open for further replies.