DVD-RAM opening in another program?

I have posted these messages previously with no response. I'm unsure why;
maybe this will get my question answered.

Thanks,

I still haven't been able to use either MovieAlbumSE or Power DVD XP. Has
anyone seen anything like this?

How can I check the settings to see what is reading Drive D (DVD-RAM)?

--
Thanks,

SJD

sjd,
Although I don't have the complete answer...I have the same camera,
programs,etc and the identical problem.
unfortunately, the 'in use by another program' is ROXIO. If you remove
roxio, your problems go away...(but then you need another program to
edit...my DVD works, but not as complete as roxio).
I have removed and reinstalled, trying to limit roxios access, but
unsuccessful so far. roxio is no help, since they are unresponsive. I have
been playing with this problem on and off for 2 weeks, but no success.

If you ever find a solution...please post

thanks

scott

"sjd" <sjd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How can I check the settings to see what is reading Drive D (DVD-RAM)?
>

> > When I either place a DVD-RAM disc (2.8 GB from myvideo recorder) in my
> > DVD-ROM

Do you have a dvd rom or dvd ram in your pc, you call it ram first and then
rom. Ram is not playable in a rom, this is probably your problem.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media