Poor quality transfer from video camera

Hi
I am using a 'HP Pavilion' 2.8GHz Pentium 4 processor running Windows XP.
I am not able to obtain a clear image on a DVD when transferring it from a
Sony Video camera (DCR-TRV-19E) via a USB cable using InterVideo Win DVD
Creator. The picture is unclear & jerky.
Any suggestions ?

got use firewire for video
Snuffy