Bad picture using Windows Movie Maker

Hi,
I have been trying for months to put my videos made on Sony DV camera
DCR-TRV33E onto my computer. Using the software that came with the camera
(Pixela Imagemixer 1.5) I get a good picture but no sound. I was told to try
Windows Movie Maker. Using this I do get sound, but a very poor picture (very
blurry). I am using a USB cable and I was told to use Firewire, but even the
Movie Maker Sample file comes up blurry on my computer.
Any suggestions???
4 answers Last reply
More about picture windows movie maker

    What are the specs of the pc? How old is the monitor? Do you watch dvd's on
    the pc? What are they like in quality? Firewire is definately the way to
    capture video, usb just cannot handle the bandwidth required for full frame
    avi capture.
    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Isabella" <Isabella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have been trying for months to put my videos made on Sony DV camera
    > DCR-TRV33E onto my computer. Using the software that came with the camera
    > (Pixela Imagemixer 1.5) I get a good picture but no sound. I was told to
    try
    > Windows Movie Maker. Using this I do get sound, but a very poor picture
    (very
    > blurry). I am using a USB cable and I was told to use Firewire, but even
    the
    > Movie Maker Sample file comes up blurry on my computer.
    > Any suggestions???

    Thanks for your quick reply! The pc is a Dell Dimension 4600, the monitor is
    also Dell, bought last year. DVD quality is good, only time picture quality
    is not good is when I use Moviemaker. Don't have firewire installed. Not sure
    if it will solve my problem as quality of the MM sample file is poor as well.

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > What are the specs of the pc? How old is the monitor? Do you watch dvd's on
    > the pc? What are they like in quality? Firewire is definately the way to
    > capture video, usb just cannot handle the bandwidth required for full frame
    > avi capture.
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "Isabella" <Isabella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > > I have been trying for months to put my videos made on Sony DV camera
    > > DCR-TRV33E onto my computer. Using the software that came with the camera
    > > (Pixela Imagemixer 1.5) I get a good picture but no sound. I was told to
    > try
    > > Windows Movie Maker. Using this I do get sound, but a very poor picture
    > (very
    > > blurry). I am using a USB cable and I was told to use Firewire, but even
    > the
    > > Movie Maker Sample file comes up blurry on my computer.
    > > Any suggestions???

    Turn off all other apps when using MM. Include internet/firewall/anti-virus
    etc. Defrag the hdd before use. Do you have a seperate drive to save video
    to?
    It could be that the graphics card drivers need updating, directx is now up
    to 9.0c, update wmp to version 10 and try installing windows media encoder.
    If non of this works, look at the acceleration settings of the graphics
    card.
    Have a read of www.papajohn.org problem solving accelration and codecs and
    also video.

    --

    > Thanks for your quick reply! The pc is a Dell Dimension 4600, the monitor
    is
    > also Dell, bought last year. DVD quality is good, only time picture
    quality
    > is not good is when I use Moviemaker. Don't have firewire installed. Not
    sure
    > if it will solve my problem as quality of the MM sample file is poor as
    well.

    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > What are the specs of the pc? How old is the monitor? Do you watch dvd's
    on
    > > the pc? What are they like in quality? Firewire is definately the way to
    > > capture video, usb just cannot handle the bandwidth required for full
    frame
    > > avi capture.
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "Isabella" <Isabella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > > I have been trying for months to put my videos made on Sony DV camera
    > > > DCR-TRV33E onto my computer. Using the software that came with the
    camera
    > > > (Pixela Imagemixer 1.5) I get a good picture but no sound. I was told
    > > try
    > > > Windows Movie Maker. Using this I do get sound, but a very poor
    picture
    > > (very
    > > > blurry). I am using a USB cable and I was told to use Firewire, but
    even
    > > the
    > > > Movie Maker Sample file comes up blurry on my computer.
    > > > Any suggestions???

    I will try to do this. Thanks again for your help!

Video Windows Movie Maker Windows XP