Help Plz!! Norton Ghost 2003...MBR.BIN not found

I faced a few problems in installing Windows XP. Setup Halted 3 times
just before adding start-up menu items. I had to set all the boot
devices to CD and got thru the installation. But, now I want to back
up my newly installed OS using Norton Ghost 2003. But, I have a big
problem. It won’t do jack no matter what I try to do. It gives this
message and dies.

Here’s the message I am getting:

http://mysite.verizon.net/n00bieputer/_extImages/IMG_0220.jpg

Will appreciate any help...

Thanks,

Rex

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/PC-Storage-Help-Plz-Norton-Ghost-2003-MBR.BIN-found-ftopict59048.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=299043
2 answers Last reply
More about help norton ghost 2003 found

    rexian <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote

    > I faced a few problems in installing Windows XP. Setup
    > Halted 3 times just before adding start-up menu items. I had
    > to set all the boot devices to CD and got thru the installation.

    Looks like something is pretty comprehensively screwed there somewhere.

    > But, now I want to back up my newly installed OS using Norton
    > Ghost 2003. But, I have a big problem. It won’t do jack no matter
    > what I try to do. It gives this message and dies.

    > Here’s the message I am getting:

    > http://mysite.verizon.net/n00bieputer/_extImages/IMG_0220.jpg

    Looks rather like its having a problem reading the virtual
    partition dll properly or extracting its contents to C:\TEMP

    I'd concentrate on the XP install problem. The ghost
    problem is likely just a symptom of a stuffed system
    and there is no point in kludging around that, you need
    to fix the real problem that is stuffing up the install.
  2. Just create a folder "TEMP" under c:/windows.

    It seems like it is deleted somehow...

    :bounce:

Norton Storage