Help Plz!! Norton Ghost 2003...MBR.BIN not found

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
July 19, 2005 4:36:52 AM

I faced a few problems in installing Windows XP. Setup Halted 3 times
just before adding start-up menu items. I had to set all the boot
devices to CD and got thru the installation. But, now I want to back
up my newly installed OS using Norton Ghost 2003. But, I have a big
problem. It won’t do jack no matter what I try to do. It gives this
message and dies.

Here’s the message I am getting:

http://mysite.verizon.net/n00bieputer/_extImages/IMG_02...

Will appreciate any help...

Thanks,

Rex

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/PC-Storage-Help-Plz-Norto...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=299043
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 19, 2005 7:41:10 PM

rexian <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote

> I faced a few problems in installing Windows XP. Setup
> Halted 3 times just before adding start-up menu items. I had
> to set all the boot devices to CD and got thru the installation.

Looks like something is pretty comprehensively screwed there somewhere.

> But, now I want to back up my newly installed OS using Norton
> Ghost 2003. But, I have a big problem. It won’t do jack no matter
> what I try to do. It gives this message and dies.

> Here’s the message I am getting:

> http://mysite.verizon.net/n00bieputer/_extImages/IMG_02...

Looks rather like its having a problem reading the virtual
partition dll properly or extracting its contents to C:\TEMP

I'd concentrate on the XP install problem. The ghost
problem is likely just a symptom of a stuffed system
and there is no point in kludging around that, you need
to fix the real problem that is stuffing up the install.
February 2, 2010 10:14:10 AM

Just create a folder "TEMP" under c:/windows.

It seems like it is deleted somehow...

:bounce:
!