Help Plz!! Norton Ghost 2003...MBR.BIN not found

I faced a few problems in installing Windows XP. Setup Halted 3 times
just before adding start-up menu items. I had to set all the boot
devices to CD and got thru the installation. But, now I want to back
up my newly installed OS using Norton Ghost 2003. But, I have a big
problem. It won’t do jack no matter what I try to do. It gives this
message and dies.

Here’s the message I am getting:

http://mysite.verizon.net/n00bieputer/_extImages/IMG_0220.jpg

Will appreciate any help...

Thanks,

Rex

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/PC-Storage-Help-Plz-Norton-Ghost-2003-MBR.BIN-found-ftopict59048.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=299043

rexian <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote

> I faced a few problems in installing Windows XP. Setup
> Halted 3 times just before adding start-up menu items. I had
> to set all the boot devices to CD and got thru the installation.

Looks like something is pretty comprehensively screwed there somewhere.

> But, now I want to back up my newly installed OS using Norton
> Ghost 2003. But, I have a big problem. It won’t do jack no matter
> what I try to do. It gives this message and dies.

> Here’s the message I am getting:

> http://mysite.verizon.net/n00bieputer/_extImages/IMG_0220.jpg

Looks rather like its having a problem reading the virtual
partition dll properly or extracting its contents to C:\TEMP

I'd concentrate on the XP install problem. The ghost
problem is likely just a symptom of a stuffed system
and there is no point in kludging around that, you need
to fix the real problem that is stuffing up the install.