How do I record an edited project on DVD

Hello,
I have a JVC-820U camcorder that works great. I have recorded on its' MiniDV
cassets few clips, downloaded them via Firewire to my computer as higest
quality video (avi) and edited them using MS Movie Maker.
Now I have a brand new Pioneer 108 DVD burner installed and the latest
upgraded version of NERO EXPRESS S/W. Alas when I want to use NERO to record
the edited movie on a DVD it tells me that the file format is incorrect and
refueses even to add it tp the recording list.
Any suggestions or ideas of how to record an edited hige resulution movie
on DVD that can be played through a DVD player 0n a regular TV set?

Thanks
Hezi

From movie maker you need to save the movie file again as a dv-avi file and
this should import into nero fine. Make sure you are not just saving the
project which has a mswmm file extension.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Hezi120" <Hezi120@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a JVC-820U camcorder that works great. I have recorded on its'
MiniDV
> cassets few clips, downloaded them via Firewire to my computer as higest
> quality video (avi) and edited them using MS Movie Maker.
> Now I have a brand new Pioneer 108 DVD burner installed and the latest
> upgraded version of NERO EXPRESS S/W. Alas when I want to use NERO to
record
> the edited movie on a DVD it tells me that the file format is incorrect
and
> refueses even to add it tp the recording list.
> Any suggestions or ideas of how to record an edited hige resulution movie
> on DVD that can be played through a DVD player 0n a regular TV set?
>
> Thanks
> Hezi

Thanks a lot Graham.
But could you please tell me how to convert the mswmm file into an dv-avi
file? what S/W do I use? would I be able to view the burnd DVD on my TV set
in the same resolution quality of the original mini DV tape?
Thanks in advance,
Hezi

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> From movie maker you need to save the movie file again as a dv-avi file and
> this should import into nero fine. Make sure you are not just saving the
> project which has a mswmm file extension.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>

> "Hezi120" <Hezi120@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> > I have a JVC-820U camcorder that works great. I have recorded on its'
> MiniDV
> > cassets few clips, downloaded them via Firewire to my computer as higest
> > quality video (avi) and edited them using MS Movie Maker.
> > Now I have a brand new Pioneer 108 DVD burner installed and the latest
> > upgraded version of NERO EXPRESS S/W. Alas when I want to use NERO to
> record
> > the edited movie on a DVD it tells me that the file format is incorrect
> and
> > refueses even to add it tp the recording list.
> > Any suggestions or ideas of how to record an edited hige resulution movie
> > on DVD that can be played through a DVD player 0n a regular TV set?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Hezi

Using MM2.
Save movie file (ctrl P)
My Computer (next)
Enter file name and location (next)
Click on "show more choices"
Click on "other settings"
Choose dv-avi from the drop down box

and off you go. Be aware that dv-avi files are large, so if the movie is one
hour long then the file will be 13gb in size.

A dvd uses mpeg2 compression, so you will not be able to see it in exactly
the same quality as the dv tape, but in practice if you keep the dvd to one
hour or less and use a good quality encoder to make the dvd then you'll not
notice much difference. (TMPGenc is a good example of a great encoder)

Graham
--

> Thanks a lot Graham.
> But could you please tell me how to convert the mswmm file into an dv-avi
> file? what S/W do I use? would I be able to view the burnd DVD on my TV
set
> in the same resolution quality of the original mini DV tape?
> Thanks in advance,
> Hezi
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > From movie maker you need to save the movie file again as a dv-avi file
and
> > this should import into nero fine. Make sure you are not just saving the
> > project which has a mswmm file extension.
> >
> > --
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.dvds2treasure.com
> > www.simplydv.com
> >

> > "Hezi120" <Hezi120@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > > I have a JVC-820U camcorder that works great. I have recorded on its'
> > MiniDV
> > > cassets few clips, downloaded them via Firewire to my computer as
higest
> > > quality video (avi) and edited them using MS Movie Maker.
> > > Now I have a brand new Pioneer 108 DVD burner installed and the latest
> > > upgraded version of NERO EXPRESS S/W. Alas when I want to use NERO to
> > record
> > > the edited movie on a DVD it tells me that the file format is
incorrect
> > and
> > > refueses even to add it tp the recording list.
> > > Any suggestions or ideas of how to record an edited hige resulution
movie
> > > on DVD that can be played through a DVD player 0n a regular TV set?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Hezi

Thanks for being such great help Graham.
Hezi