USB to IDE Hard Drive bugcheck 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_O..

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
July 20, 2005 1:13:39 PM

Hi,

Has anyone experienced a blue screen on a DELL laptop when connecting a USB
to IDE hardrive (120GB) using a NEC PCI USB 2.0 Cardbus adapter?
The bug check is "Bugcheck 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)" which
results in an immediate crash and minidump which results in corrputing the
drive.

1) The Operating System is Win 2000 Professional with SP4.

2) The "NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Controller" drivers are "ousb2hub.sys" and
"ousbehci.sys" version 2.0.60 provided by OrangeWare Corporation

3) The "USB 2.0 Root Hub Device" driver is "ousb2hub.sys version 2.0.6.0
provided by Orangeware Corporation

4) The "USB Mass Storage Device" driver is "usbstor.sys" version
5.00.2195.6655 provided by Microsoft

5) The 120GB Seagate Drive "ST312002 2A USB Device" is an ST212002 2A and
the driver is "disk.sys" version 5.00.2195.6655 provided by Microsoft

6) The "Generic Volume" driver is version 5.0.2183.1 provided by Microsoft.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards
Trevor
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 20, 2005 1:13:40 PM

In article <dbk168$2v1f$1@si05.rsvl.unisys.com>,
trmbr <trmbr50@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone experienced a blue screen on a DELL laptop when connecting a USB
>to IDE hardrive (120GB) using a NEC PCI USB 2.0 Cardbus adapter?
>The bug check is "Bugcheck 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)" which
>results in an immediate crash and minidump which results in corrputing the
>drive.
>
>1) The Operating System is Win 2000 Professional with SP4.
>
>2) The "NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Controller" drivers are "ousb2hub.sys" and
>"ousbehci.sys" version 2.0.60 provided by OrangeWare Corporation
>
>3) The "USB 2.0 Root Hub Device" driver is "ousb2hub.sys version 2.0.6.0
>provided by Orangeware Corporation

Not that this necessarily matters, but ... W2KSP4 natively supports the
NEC USB 2.0 chipset. Why is your machine using third-party drivers?
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 20, 2005 6:55:22 PM

"Mike S." <retsuhcs@xinap.moc> wrote in message
news:D bk7uk$90p$1@reader2.panix.com...

> In article <dbk168$2v1f$1@si05.rsvl.unisys.com>,
> trmbr <trmbr50@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Has anyone experienced a blue screen on a DELL laptop when connecting a
USB
> >to IDE hardrive (120GB) using a NEC PCI USB 2.0 Cardbus adapter?
> >The bug check is "Bugcheck 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL)" which
> >results in an immediate crash and minidump which results in corrputing
the
> >drive.
> >
> >1) The Operating System is Win 2000 Professional with SP4.
> >
> >2) The "NEC PCI to USB Enhanced Controller" drivers are "ousb2hub.sys"
and
> >"ousbehci.sys" version 2.0.60 provided by OrangeWare Corporation
> >
> >3) The "USB 2.0 Root Hub Device" driver is "ousb2hub.sys version 2.0.6.0
> >provided by Orangeware Corporation
>

> Not that this necessarily matters, but ... W2KSP4 natively supports the
> NEC USB 2.0 chipset. Why is your machine using third-party drivers?

I had problems using the W2KSP4 drivers therefore found these drivers
specifically associated with this USB PCI card....
Its been very frustrating trying to stabilise the USB to IDE config.
I nowe suspect the problem to haven caused by the external USB case, as I
have been able to successfully connect the following Seagate drives - 12GB,
20GB and 200GB, to theNEC PCI card without any corruption BUT using
different external USB2.0 cases. I have since ditched the orignal case but
then its only been a few days........
!