BEST CAMERA UNDER $400

What's the best digital camera (or top few) that I can get for about
$200-$400 ? Was really looking around $200-$300 but could possibly stretch
to $400. *Not a penny more.* Thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about best camera

    The Fuji Finepix 3800 is in your price range, I got good results with mine
    and it is in your price range now. See the site in my sig for examples.

    --
    Craig J Hadfield AKA EnglishBob
    Canon Digital Rebel 300D

    >Subject: BEST CAMERA UNDER $400
    >From: "John F" Blondjohn7@hotmale.com
    >Date: 10/11/2004 2:23 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >What's the best digital camera (or top few) that I can get for about
    >$200-$400 ? Was really looking around $200-$300 but could possibly stretch
    >to $400. *Not a penny more.* Thanks

    It is the Kodak DX 6490- far and away About $350.

    Arthur Kramer
    344th BG 494th BS
    Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
    http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

    The Minolta Dimage z3 can be had online for $340...
    Use the extra $60 for a 1 gig high speed sd card for it, and you're all set.

    (toss in another $27 at walmart, for a 30 minute quick charger, and a set of
    good rechargable batteries.)

    I spent about 2 weeks online pouring over specs and comparisons, and the Z3
    seemed the best for what I wanted all around.

    12x optical zoom, movie mode, supermacro, image stabalization, sd card,
    standard "aa" sized batteries, and LOTS of manual setting options.

    I really like the ergonomics, now that I'm used to them as well.

    --
    Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
    Homepage:

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:22:01 -0400, "Gareee©" <gareeeNospam!@charter.net> wrote:

    >The Minolta Dimage z3 can be had online for $340...

    Where? The best price I've seen is $377 delivered?
    Thanks.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Where do we get a "high speed" 1G memory for $69?

    "Simon Jester" <sjester911@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:22:01 -0400, "Gareee©" <gareeeNospam!@charter.net>
    wrote:

    > >The Minolta Dimage z3 can be had online for $340...
    >
    > Where? The best price I've seen is $377 delivered?
    > Thanks.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:40:42 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me> wrote:

    >Where do we get a "high speed" 1G memory for $69?

    Check here every day for specials:
    http://www.techbargains.com/
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    > On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:40:42 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Where do we get a "high speed" 1G memory for $69?
    >
    > Check here every day for specials:
    > http://www.techbargains.com/

    And check pricewatch.com

    I always shop there before buying hardware online.

    I just got my 1 gig sd fast card for my new Dimage Z3.. I'm thinking of
    using a little silicon glue to seal the bottom door of the cam.. I don't see
    me swapping in the measly 16 meg card that was included in it anytime soon,
    and I'm concerned about the door breaking off.

    --
    Gareee© (Gareee "at" Charter "dot" net)
    Homepage:
    http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/ellison/86/mainframe.htm