Looking for WMV Converter

I have created several movies with Windows Movie Maker. I now have a new
computer with a DVD writer so i am ready to burn my movies to DVD so I can
watch them on my TV. I don't know how to do this. Can someone help Please!
7 answers Last reply
More about looking converter

    What third party burning software are you using?
    www.coribright.com

    "New Video Guy" <NewVideoGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have created several movies with Windows Movie Maker. I now have a new
    > computer with a DVD writer so i am ready to burn my movies to DVD so I can
    > watch them on my TV. I don't know how to do this. Can someone help
    > Please!

    Pinnacle Studio 9 Quickstart. It requires mp3 file format as input. Will
    not accept WMV format.

    oN 11/15/04, New Video Guy said:

    > I have created several movies with Windows Movie Maker. I now have a new
    > computer with a DVD writer so i am ready to burn my movies to DVD so I can
    > watch them on my TV. I don't know how to do this. Can someone help Please!

    Try this:
    http://www.canopus.us/US/products/procoder_express/pt_procoder_express.asp

    --
    Bill
    Posted with XanaNews Version 1.16.4.2

    Hi you need nero vision 2 you can get via the internet( ie emule) regards
    Fred
    "New Video Guy" <NewVideoGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have created several movies with Windows Movie Maker. I now have a new
    > computer with a DVD writer so i am ready to burn my movies to DVD so I can
    > watch them on my TV. I don't know how to do this. Can someone help
    > Please!

    mp3 is a music file. It should accept an avi movie file. Put your wmv into
    Movie maker and cahoose save movie adn then naigate through the wizard and
    opt for dv-avi file. This should then work.

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    > Pinnacle Studio 9 Quickstart. It requires mp3 file format as input. Will
    > not accept WMV format.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    > > What third party burning software are you using?
    > > --
    > > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > > www.coribright.com
    > >
    > > "New Video Guy" <NewVideoGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I have created several movies with Windows Movie Maker. I now have a
    new
    > > > computer with a DVD writer so i am ready to burn my movies to DVD so I
    can
    > > > watch them on my TV. I don't know how to do this. Can someone help
    > > > Please!

    Graham,
    I thought this might work, but Pinnacle says it can not read the file. I
    saved the file as DV-AVI and it will play on my computer but Pinnacle just
    won't read it. I am using Studio 9 Quick Start sw because it came with the
    Dazzle video capture device I have. Could that be the problem?

    Thanks so much for hanging in with me on this. It is most frustrating to
    get the movie created than not be able to see it on the TV.

    John

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > mp3 is a music file. It should accept an avi movie file. Put your wmv into
    > Movie maker and cahoose save movie adn then naigate through the wizard and
    > opt for dv-avi file. This should then work.
    >
    > Graham
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "New Video Guy" <NewVideoGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Pinnacle Studio 9 Quickstart. It requires mp3 file format as input. Will
    > > not accept WMV format.
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > > > What third party burning software are you using?
    > > > --
    > > > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    > > > www.coribright.com
    > > >
    > > > "New Video Guy" <NewVideoGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > new
    > can

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    There are two types of avi files, type one and type 2. Go to
    http://www.simplydv.co.uk/simplyBB/viewtopic.php?t=1165
    scroll down to the canopus convertor and convert. If you convert the file to
    the other type it should then work.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    > Graham,
    > I thought this might work, but Pinnacle says it can not read the file. I
    > saved the file as DV-AVI and it will play on my computer but Pinnacle just
    > won't read it. I am using Studio 9 Quick Start sw because it came with
    the
    > Dazzle video capture device I have. Could that be the problem?
    >
    > Thanks so much for hanging in with me on this. It is most frustrating to
    > get the movie created than not be able to see it on the TV.
    >
    > John
    >
    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > mp3 is a music file. It should accept an avi movie file. Put your wmv
    into
    > > Movie maker and cahoose save movie adn then naigate through the wizard
    and
    > > opt for dv-avi file. This should then work.
    > >
    > > Graham
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "New Video Guy" <NewVideoGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Pinnacle Studio 9 Quickstart. It requires mp3 file format as input.
    Will
    > > > not accept WMV format.

    > > new
    > > can