Windows Movie Maker - Capture

November 15, 2004 8:49:07 PM

I've read all of the postings re: WMM and the fact that we can't capture from
our digital Handycam devices. I have used this before without any problem but
just recently have tried to again but all that my Dell PC recognizes is my
Logitech cam.

I have a USB & Firewire connection...my PC recognizes the Sony cam in device
Manager but not in WMM or Videowave III.

I have installed SP2 a few months back, re-installed XP and still nothing.
One of the postings referred to security settings to allow your firewire to
function....how do I do that?

While I enjoy troubleshooting, this one has been a real test of my
patience...does anyone have a solution? (Please!)

Thanks,
pulling my hair out in Maine!
Don
Anonymous
November 16, 2004 2:32:01 AM

"MySoxRChamps!" wrote:

> I've read all of the postings re: WMM and the fact that we can't capture from
> our digital Handycam devices. I have used this before without any problem but
> just recently have tried to again but all that my Dell PC recognizes is my
> Logitech cam.
>
> I have a USB & Firewire connection...my PC recognizes the Sony cam in device
> Manager but not in WMM or Videowave III.
>
> I have installed SP2 a few months back, re-installed XP and still nothing.
> One of the postings referred to security settings to allow your firewire to
> function....how do I do that?
>
> While I enjoy troubleshooting, this one has been a real test of my
> patience...does anyone have a solution? (Please!)
>
> Thanks,
> pulling my hair out in Maine!
> Don

The same to me - movies captured with moviemaker 2 are not possible to get
read with pinacle or Adobe and also not possible to save it back to the DV
Camera
November 16, 2004 10:29:01 PM

I am having the SAME problem. I with someone would post a solution to this
problem. I thought it might be the firewire being blocked by xp2 firewall.
tried to enable the 1394 connection and that did not work either. This is
sick that I have to uninstall SP2 just to get something to work. I will
check back frequently to see if anyone has an answer.

Bob

"MySoxRChamps!" wrote:

> I've read all of the postings re: WMM and the fact that we can't capture from
> our digital Handycam devices. I have used this before without any problem but
> just recently have tried to again but all that my Dell PC recognizes is my
> Logitech cam.
>
> I have a USB & Firewire connection...my PC recognizes the Sony cam in device
> Manager but not in WMM or Videowave III.
>
> I have installed SP2 a few months back, re-installed XP and still nothing.
> One of the postings referred to security settings to allow your firewire to
> function....how do I do that?
>
> While I enjoy troubleshooting, this one has been a real test of my
> patience...does anyone have a solution? (Please!)
>
> Thanks,
> pulling my hair out in Maine!
> Don

November 24, 2004 7:18:49 PM

And nobody answers !
I called hauppauge for help, HP for help and they don't
know what to do.
Just wait and hope ,
Théodore

Anonymous
November 25, 2004 10:07:59 PM

Can you start a new thread with the problem, and what you hav tried to do to
get round it. The pc specs and what apps you have installed, I'll then have
a look into it. Sorry to ask, but my reader is set to remove all old
messages and it's a pain for me to search for all your info and answer other
posts as well.

Graham

--
Graham Hughes