Windows Movie Maker - Capture

I've read all of the postings re: WMM and the fact that we can't capture from
our digital Handycam devices. I have used this before without any problem but
just recently have tried to again but all that my Dell PC recognizes is my
Logitech cam.

I have a USB & Firewire connection...my PC recognizes the Sony cam in device
Manager but not in WMM or Videowave III.

I have installed SP2 a few months back, re-installed XP and still nothing.
One of the postings referred to security settings to allow your firewire to
function....how do I do that?

While I enjoy troubleshooting, this one has been a real test of my
patience...does anyone have a solution? (Please!)

Thanks,
pulling my hair out in Maine!
Don
4 answers Last reply
More about windows movie maker capture

    "MySoxRChamps!" wrote:

    > I've read all of the postings re: WMM and the fact that we can't capture from
    > our digital Handycam devices. I have used this before without any problem but
    > just recently have tried to again but all that my Dell PC recognizes is my
    > Logitech cam.
    >
    > I have a USB & Firewire connection...my PC recognizes the Sony cam in device
    > Manager but not in WMM or Videowave III.
    >
    > I have installed SP2 a few months back, re-installed XP and still nothing.
    > One of the postings referred to security settings to allow your firewire to
    > function....how do I do that?
    >
    > While I enjoy troubleshooting, this one has been a real test of my
    > patience...does anyone have a solution? (Please!)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > pulling my hair out in Maine!
    > Don

    The same to me - movies captured with moviemaker 2 are not possible to get
    read with pinacle or Adobe and also not possible to save it back to the DV
    Camera

    I am having the SAME problem. I with someone would post a solution to this
    problem. I thought it might be the firewire being blocked by xp2 firewall.
    tried to enable the 1394 connection and that did not work either. This is
    sick that I have to uninstall SP2 just to get something to work. I will
    check back frequently to see if anyone has an answer.

    Bob

    "MySoxRChamps!" wrote:

    > I've read all of the postings re: WMM and the fact that we can't capture from
    > our digital Handycam devices. I have used this before without any problem but
    > just recently have tried to again but all that my Dell PC recognizes is my
    > Logitech cam.
    >
    > I have a USB & Firewire connection...my PC recognizes the Sony cam in device
    > Manager but not in WMM or Videowave III.
    >
    > I have installed SP2 a few months back, re-installed XP and still nothing.
    > One of the postings referred to security settings to allow your firewire to
    > function....how do I do that?
    >
    > While I enjoy troubleshooting, this one has been a real test of my
    > patience...does anyone have a solution? (Please!)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > pulling my hair out in Maine!
    > Don

    And nobody answers !
    I called hauppauge for help, HP for help and they don't
    know what to do.
    Just wait and hope ,
    Théodore

    Can you start a new thread with the problem, and what you hav tried to do to
    get round it. The pc specs and what apps you have installed, I'll then have
    a look into it. Sorry to ask, but my reader is set to remove all old
    messages and it's a pain for me to search for all your info and answer other
    posts as well.

    Graham

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "munte@free.fr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    And nobody answers !
    I called hauppauge for help, HP for help and they don't
    know what to do.
    Just wait and hope ,
    Théodore

Video Windows Movie Maker Windows XP