Acronis restore confusion.

martin

My friend is having trouble understanding the restore instructions. Me too.

We're not sure what file or files need to be designated on the image side if
you want to restore a full hard disk where you have an initial full image
followed by several incremental images. Do you just show the initial full
image and the program automatically picks up the incrementals? Or do you
just show the last incremental? Or do you have to list the them all?

Any clarification will be appreciated.

"Martin" <nfn04028@naples.net> wrote in message
> My friend is having trouble understanding the restore instructions. Me
> too.
>
> We're not sure what file or files need to be designated on the image side
> if you want to restore a full hard disk where you have an initial full
> image followed by several incremental images. Do you just show the
> initial full image and the program automatically picks up the
> incrementals? Or do you just show the last incremental? Or do you have
> to list the them all?
>
> Any clarification will be appreciated.

Yes, just point the program to the initial full image and it will
automatically add the incrementals.

"Martin" <nfn04028@naples.net> wrote in message
> My friend is having trouble understanding the restore instructions. Me
> too.
>
> We're not sure what file or files need to be designated on the image side
> if you want to restore a full hard disk where you have an initial full
> image followed by several incremental images. Do you just show the
> initial full image and the program automatically picks up the
> incrementals? Or do you just show the last incremental? Or do you have
> to list the them all?
>
> Any clarification will be appreciated.

Yes, just point the program to the initial full image and it will
automatically add the incrementals.

Martin <nfn04028@naples.net> wrote

> My friend is having trouble understanding the restore instructions. Me too.

> We're not sure what file or files need to be designated on the image side if
> you want to restore a full hard disk where you have an initial full image
> followed by several incremental images. Do you just show the initial full
> image and the program automatically picks up the incrementals?

Yes.

> Or do you just show the last incremental?

That will work too.

> Or do you have to list the them all?

Nope.

> Any clarification will be appreciated.

Did u create the original image with Acronis or with another software ?
Acronis restores only own images. Another thing, if you've done any
changes to the size (decreasing) of the original partition, it will not
work.

casainfo@freenet.de wrote:

> Did u create the original image with Acronis or with
> another software ? Acronis restores only own images.

Unlikely that they werent.

> Another thing, if you've done any changes to the size
> (decreasing) of the original partition, it will not work.

Bullshit.