Viewing DVDs full screen

Tags:
  • Video
  • Windows XP
November 17, 2004 6:09:08 AM

I want to view dvds using the entire screen. I have a 15.4" WXGA screen (1280
x 800) laptop with Win XP Pro and have Windows Media Player version 9.0.

When I select full screen in WMP I still have a significant border around
the dvd image hence there is still plenty of room to expand and maintain the
aspect ratio of the dvd film.

How do I view dvds using the entire (or as much as possible) screen size? Is
it possible? Will i need 3rd party software?

More about : viewing dvds full screen

November 17, 2004 11:32:20 PM

It may be because the particular DVD you want to watch has 4:3 ratio frame
(1.33 : 1). The screen size of 1280x800 has ratio 8:5 (or 1.6 : 1) so the
extra width cannot be used to show the 4:3 frame. Try a different DVD that
is encoded in 16:9 frame ratio.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

"WinXPUser" <WinXPUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want to view dvds using the entire screen. I have a 15.4" WXGA screen
>(1280
> x 800) laptop with Win XP Pro and have Windows Media Player version 9.0.
>
> When I select full screen in WMP I still have a significant border around
> the dvd image hence there is still plenty of room to expand and maintain
> the
> aspect ratio of the dvd film.
>
> How do I view dvds using the entire (or as much as possible) screen size?
> Is
> it possible? Will i need 3rd party software?
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 2:09:01 PM

i want view dvds, but I don't want use the entire screen because I don't have
control of my screen, and those happen every time I play a dvd. I dont know
how change the setting

!