Viewing DVDs full screen

I want to view dvds using the entire screen. I have a 15.4" WXGA screen (1280
x 800) laptop with Win XP Pro and have Windows Media Player version 9.0.

When I select full screen in WMP I still have a significant border around
the dvd image hence there is still plenty of room to expand and maintain the
aspect ratio of the dvd film.

How do I view dvds using the entire (or as much as possible) screen size? Is
it possible? Will i need 3rd party software?
2 answers Last reply
More about viewing dvds full screen

    It may be because the particular DVD you want to watch has 4:3 ratio frame
    (1.33 : 1). The screen size of 1280x800 has ratio 8:5 (or 1.6 : 1) so the
    extra width cannot be used to show the 4:3 frame. Try a different DVD that
    is encoded in 16:9 frame ratio.

    --
    Rehan
    www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker

    "WinXPUser" <WinXPUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I want to view dvds using the entire screen. I have a 15.4" WXGA screen
    >(1280
    > x 800) laptop with Win XP Pro and have Windows Media Player version 9.0.
    >
    > When I select full screen in WMP I still have a significant border around
    > the dvd image hence there is still plenty of room to expand and maintain
    > the
    > aspect ratio of the dvd film.
    >
    > How do I view dvds using the entire (or as much as possible) screen size?
    > Is
    > it possible? Will i need 3rd party software?

    i want view dvds, but I don't want use the entire screen because I don't have
    control of my screen, and those happen every time I play a dvd. I dont know
    how change the setting

    "WinXPUser" wrote:

    > I want to view dvds using the entire screen. I have a 15.4" WXGA screen (1280
    > x 800) laptop with Win XP Pro and have Windows Media Player version 9.0.
    >
    > When I select full screen in WMP I still have a significant border around
    > the dvd image hence there is still plenty of room to expand and maintain the
    > aspect ratio of the dvd film.
    >
    > How do I view dvds using the entire (or as much as possible) screen size? Is
    > it possible? Will i need 3rd party software?

Video Windows XP