NO DISC DETECTED

I am unable to burn a CD of any sort. When I try to burn music form my music
file it keeps saying no CD detected. I have been racking my brain to figure
this out. It will play a music CD but when it comes time to burn it it doesnt
recognize the blank CD. I have a HP CD Writer 7200. Have been to the HP site
and no help there. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE help.
Thank you!
3 answers Last reply
More about disc detected

    What CD burning program are you using or are you relying on Windows?

    "tamara" <tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am unable to burn a CD of any sort. When I try to burn music form my
    >music
    > file it keeps saying no CD detected. I have been racking my brain to
    > figure
    > this out. It will play a music CD but when it comes time to burn it it
    > doesnt
    > recognize the blank CD. I have a HP CD Writer 7200. Have been to the HP
    > site
    > and no help there. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE help.
    > Thank you!

    I am at this point relying on windows. i tried to download my friends Nero
    disk, it wouldnt let me. i have W Media 10 which has a burn on it. i also am
    updated with drivers for my burner as well. shoudl i buy a burn program. i
    was going to but not sure thats my problem.

    "Touch Base" wrote:

    > What CD burning program are you using or are you relying on Windows?
    >
    > "tamara" <tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am unable to burn a CD of any sort. When I try to burn music form my
    > >music
    > > file it keeps saying no CD detected. I have been racking my brain to
    > > figure
    > > this out. It will play a music CD but when it comes time to burn it it
    > > doesnt
    > > recognize the blank CD. I have a HP CD Writer 7200. Have been to the HP
    > > site
    > > and no help there. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE help.
    > > Thank you!

    Try
    My computer
    r/click on cd writer
    properties
    recording
    ensureenable cd recording on this drive is checked

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    > I am at this point relying on windows. i tried to download my friends Nero
    > disk, it wouldnt let me. i have W Media 10 which has a burn on it. i also
    am
    > updated with drivers for my burner as well. shoudl i buy a burn program. i
    > was going to but not sure thats my problem.
    >
    > "Touch Base" wrote:
    >
    > > What CD burning program are you using or are you relying on Windows?
    > >
    > > "tamara" <tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I am unable to burn a CD of any sort. When I try to burn music form my
    > > >music
    > > > file it keeps saying no CD detected. I have been racking my brain to
    > > > figure
    > > > this out. It will play a music CD but when it comes time to burn it it
    > > > doesnt
    > > > recognize the blank CD. I have a HP CD Writer 7200. Have been to the
    HP
    > > > site
    > > > and no help there. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE help.
    > > > Thank you!

Video Burner Music CD-Rom Hewlett Packard Windows XP