Tamara

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

I am unable to burn a CD of any sort. When I try to burn music form my music
file it keeps saying no CD detected. I have been racking my brain to figure
this out. It will play a music CD but when it comes time to burn it it doesnt
recognize the blank CD. I have a HP CD Writer 7200. Have been to the HP site
and no help there. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE help.
Thank you!

What CD burning program are you using or are you relying on Windows?

"tamara" <tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to burn a CD of any sort. When I try to burn music form my
>music
> file it keeps saying no CD detected. I have been racking my brain to
> figure
> this out. It will play a music CD but when it comes time to burn it it
> doesnt
> recognize the blank CD. I have a HP CD Writer 7200. Have been to the HP
> site
> and no help there. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE help.
> Thank you!

Tamara

Distinguished
May 25, 2004

I am at this point relying on windows. i tried to download my friends Nero
disk, it wouldnt let me. i have W Media 10 which has a burn on it. i also am
updated with drivers for my burner as well. shoudl i buy a burn program. i
was going to but not sure thats my problem.

"Touch Base" wrote:

> What CD burning program are you using or are you relying on Windows?
>
> "tamara" <tamara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am unable to burn a CD of any sort. When I try to burn music form my
> >music
> > file it keeps saying no CD detected. I have been racking my brain to
> > figure
> > this out. It will play a music CD but when it comes time to burn it it
> > doesnt
> > recognize the blank CD. I have a HP CD Writer 7200. Have been to the HP
> > site
> > and no help there. PLEEEEEEEEEEASE help.
> > Thank you!

Try
My computer
r/click on cd writer
properties
recording
ensureenable cd recording on this drive is checked

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media