Jerky AVI Playback (Media Player, Ulead Editting Software...

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Need help here, completed the following actions as proposed by a similar
question posed by "Mark Russell - Video Rendering Jerky after SP2"

1. Reinstalled DirectX from redistribution package.
2. Installed Windows Media Encoder.

But still encounter jerky playback only on AVI files.

For mpeg file its ok.

Please help!

Cheers!
Dave

What are you system specs?

Processor
Amount of RAM
Video Card

Bobby

> Need help here, completed the following actions as proposed by a similar
> question posed by "Mark Russell - Video Rendering Jerky after SP2"
>
> 1. Reinstalled DirectX from redistribution package.
> 2. Installed Windows Media Encoder.
>
> But still encounter jerky playback only on AVI files.
>
> For mpeg file its ok.
>
> Please help!
>
> Cheers!
> Dave

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

P4 850
768mb RAM
GF4 - Video card

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> What are you system specs?
>
> Processor
> Amount of RAM
> Video Card
>

> Bobby
>
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Need help here, completed the following actions as proposed by a similar
> > question posed by "Mark Russell - Video Rendering Jerky after SP2"
> >
> > 1. Reinstalled DirectX from redistribution package.
> > 2. Installed Windows Media Encoder.
> >
> > But still encounter jerky playback only on AVI files.
> >
> > For mpeg file its ok.
> >
> > Please help!
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Dave

System specs, while slow, are marginally acceptable. I would suspect that
your hard drive is very badly fragmented...when was the last time you
defragmented your hard drive?

BTW - I have never heard of a P4 850; are you sure that is what you have?
If memory serves me correctly, they started at around 1.3GHx when they were
introduced.

Bobby