Ontrack Data Recover Problem.

Hi!

For some reason one of my hard drives started to produce errors and
after correcting all the problems i took to Ontrack's Data Recovery
program to try and get some of the deleted files back.

From the Windows version, if i select any recovery type the program
exits unannounced, it just vanishes.

Undeterred i made an emergency boot disk and tried from dos! All my
drives were seen (all NTFS) and i proceeded to let the program search
though the drive in question. All was well.........

...... until we came to select a destination for the recovering data.
In the destingation dialogue box i had just A & C - the floppy and the
ramdisk!

This program works perfectly well on my laptop and though if booting
from a recovery cd i get the same problem with the dos version.

Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know why it is
happening?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a recover program for dos which
will read/write to NTFS partitions or maybe even recover to dvd?

Thanks for any help!

Engelkott

joeP

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Engelkott" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message

> Hi!
>
> For some reason one of my hard drives started to produce errors and
> after correcting all the problems i took to Ontrack's Data Recovery
> program to try and get some of the deleted files back.
>
> From the Windows version, if i select any recovery type the program
> exits unannounced, it just vanishes.
>
> Undeterred i made an emergency boot disk and tried from dos! All my
> drives were seen (all NTFS) and i proceeded to let the program search
> though the drive in question. All was well.........
>
> ..... until we came to select a destination for the recovering data.
> In the destingation dialogue box i had just A & C - the floppy and the
> ramdisk!
>
> This program works perfectly well on my laptop and though if booting
> from a recovery cd i get the same problem with the dos version.
>
> Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know why it is
> happening?
>
> Failing that, can anyone recommend a recover program for dos which
> will read/write to NTFS partitions or maybe even recover to dvd?
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Engelkott

You can run iRecover from a Windows boot cd (Bart PE):
http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/irecoverpe.htm. From this environment you have
access to NTFS, network, etc.

Joep

>You can run iRecover from a Windows boot cd (Bart PE):
>http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/irecoverpe.htm. From this environment you have
>access to NTFS, network, etc.
>
>Joep

Thanks! :)