Ontrack Data Recover Problem.

Hi!

For some reason one of my hard drives started to produce errors and
after correcting all the problems i took to Ontrack's Data Recovery
program to try and get some of the deleted files back.

From the Windows version, if i select any recovery type the program
exits unannounced, it just vanishes.

Undeterred i made an emergency boot disk and tried from dos! All my
drives were seen (all NTFS) and i proceeded to let the program search
though the drive in question. All was well.........

...... until we came to select a destination for the recovering data.
In the destingation dialogue box i had just A & C - the floppy and the
ramdisk!

This program works perfectly well on my laptop and though if booting
from a recovery cd i get the same problem with the dos version.

Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know why it is
happening?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a recover program for dos which
will read/write to NTFS partitions or maybe even recover to dvd?

Thanks for any help!

Engelkott
2 answers Last reply
More about ontrack data recover problem

    "Engelkott" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message

    > Hi!
    >
    > For some reason one of my hard drives started to produce errors and
    > after correcting all the problems i took to Ontrack's Data Recovery
    > program to try and get some of the deleted files back.
    >
    > From the Windows version, if i select any recovery type the program
    > exits unannounced, it just vanishes.
    >
    > Undeterred i made an emergency boot disk and tried from dos! All my
    > drives were seen (all NTFS) and i proceeded to let the program search
    > though the drive in question. All was well.........
    >
    > ..... until we came to select a destination for the recovering data.
    > In the destingation dialogue box i had just A & C - the floppy and the
    > ramdisk!
    >
    > This program works perfectly well on my laptop and though if booting
    > from a recovery cd i get the same problem with the dos version.
    >
    > Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know why it is
    > happening?
    >
    > Failing that, can anyone recommend a recover program for dos which
    > will read/write to NTFS partitions or maybe even recover to dvd?
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    >
    > Engelkott

    You can run iRecover from a Windows boot cd (Bart PE):
    http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/irecoverpe.htm. From this environment you have
    access to NTFS, network, etc.

    Joep

    >You can run iRecover from a Windows boot cd (Bart PE):
    >http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/irecoverpe.htm. From this environment you have
    >access to NTFS, network, etc.
    >
    >Joep

    Thanks! :-)