Dazzle DVC-80 No Sound with Movie Maker

I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?
4 answers Last reply
More about dazzle sound movie maker

    Let me know what responses you get. I have the same problem with the same
    software. Thanks

    "aldago" wrote:

    > I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
    > Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
    > fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
    > because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
    > update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
    > Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?

    I have no problem with Dazzle DVC-90 using Pinnacle Studio. Initially I use
    USB 1.1 it did not work till I use USB2.0 port.

    "aldago" wrote:

    > I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
    > Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
    > fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
    > because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
    > update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
    > Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?

    Check out www.papajohn.org and see teh analogue capture > dazzle section.
    But it may be as simple as connecting the audio out to the audio in on the
    sound card.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "aldago" <ab.aldago@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
    > Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
    > fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
    > because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
    > update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
    > Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?

    This appears to be a software bug in WindowsXP SP2.

    "aldago" wrote:

    > I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
    > Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
    > fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
    > because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
    > update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
    > Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?

Video Dazzle Movie Maker Windows XP