Dazzle DVC-80 No Sound with Movie Maker

November 18, 2004 4:30:01 PM

I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?
November 19, 2004 4:53:09 PM

Let me know what responses you get. I have the same problem with the same
software. Thanks

"aldago" wrote:

> I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
> Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
> fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
> because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
> update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
> Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?

November 20, 2004 11:28:56 PM

I have no problem with Dazzle DVC-90 using Pinnacle Studio. Initially I use
USB 1.1 it did not work till I use USB2.0 port.

"aldago" wrote:

> I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
> Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
> fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
> because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
> update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
> Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?

November 21, 2004 1:44:42 PM

Check out www.papajohn.org and see teh analogue capture > dazzle section.
But it may be as simple as connecting the audio out to the audio in on the
sound card.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"aldago" <ab.aldago@verizon.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use Dazzle DVC-80 video/audio capture(USB)with Windows
> Movie Maker on Win XP Pro SP2 and I get no sound. Video/Audio captures
> fine with earlier versions of Windows but output is not satisfactory
> because of lack of RAM and slow processor. I've downloaded a driver
> update for XP still no success. My system is has 800MHz Pentium, 512
> Meg RAM, 45Gb hard drive. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 12:37:01 PM

This appears to be a software bug in WindowsXP SP2.

!