Sony DVD 301 to WindowsMovie Maker ?????

November 19, 2004 2:23:48 AM

I just got my first video camera so I am really new at this.
My first goal was to get streaming video from my camera to my monitor.
I have Windows XPH 2ed. and a HP XG922
I have follow the Sony manual on installing the Camera and the USB drivers.
When I try to capture video in WMM I get the error message " No video device
found.........."
Can I capture streaming video with this camera ?

TIA
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 1:43:10 PM

No.
Sorry. As it's a dvd camera it records in mpeg format, not the dv-avi file
that mm needs. You should be able to put the dvd disc in your pc and copy
over the files to your hdd and tehn convert them to an avi file and then
edit with MM.
This app worked well for another poster

Convertor for mpeg to avi

http://www.video2x.com/

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Drew Leyda" <Mint_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I just got my first video camera so I am really new at this.
> My first goal was to get streaming video from my camera to my monitor.
> I have Windows XPH 2ed. and a HP XG922
> I have follow the Sony manual on installing the Camera and the USB
drivers.
> When I try to capture video in WMM I get the error message " No video
device
> Can I capture streaming video with this camera ?
>
> TIA

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 6:08:58 PM

Thank you. I think you answered my post in another newsgroup. I used the
supplied ImageMixer and made an edited DVD that looked OK.
drew

news:o BQpmb7zEHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

!