Sony DVD 301 to WindowsMovie Maker ?????

I just got my first video camera so I am really new at this.
My first goal was to get streaming video from my camera to my monitor.
I have Windows XPH 2ed. and a HP XG922
I have follow the Sony manual on installing the Camera and the USB drivers.
When I try to capture video in WMM I get the error message " No video device
found.........."
Can I capture streaming video with this camera ?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about sony windowsmovie maker

    No.
    Sorry. As it's a dvd camera it records in mpeg format, not the dv-avi file
    that mm needs. You should be able to put the dvd disc in your pc and copy
    over the files to your hdd and tehn convert them to an avi file and then
    edit with MM.
    This app worked well for another poster

    Convertor for mpeg to avi

    http://www.video2x.com/

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Drew Leyda" <Mint_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I just got my first video camera so I am really new at this.
    > My first goal was to get streaming video from my camera to my monitor.
    > I have Windows XPH 2ed. and a HP XG922
    > I have follow the Sony manual on installing the Camera and the USB
    drivers.
    > When I try to capture video in WMM I get the error message " No video
    device
    > found.........."
    > Can I capture streaming video with this camera ?
    >
    > TIA

    Thank you. I think you answered my post in another newsgroup. I used the
    supplied ImageMixer and made an edited DVD that looked OK.
    drew

    "Graham Hughes" <graham@simplydv.co.uk> wrote in message
    > No.
    > Sorry. As it's a dvd camera it records in mpeg format, not the dv-avi file
    > that mm needs. You should be able to put the dvd disc in your pc and copy
    > over the files to your hdd and tehn convert them to an avi file and then
    > edit with MM.
    > This app worked well for another poster
    >
    > Convertor for mpeg to avi
    >

    > http://www.video2x.com/
    >

    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "Drew Leyda" <Mint_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I just got my first video camera so I am really new at this.
    >> My first goal was to get streaming video from my camera to my monitor.
    >> I have Windows XPH 2ed. and a HP XG922
    >> I have follow the Sony manual on installing the Camera and the USB
    > drivers.
    >> When I try to capture video in WMM I get the error message " No video
    > device
    >> Can I capture streaming video with this camera ?
    >>
    >> TIA

Video Cameras Windows XP