DEFAULT MPEG CODEC CORRUPT!

alfred

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004

The default mpeg codec on my Windows XP SP 2 machine was randomly corrupted.
I could not pin-point the date. I tried several system restores. I tried
re-downloading the codec package. All other videos play fine. The mpegs
crash my machine, regardless of the player (except QT which uses it's own
mpeg codec). Please help! (Tech-school student here, so please do not dumb
it down)

Reinstall DirectX.

--
Chris Lanier - http://www.msmvps.com/chrisl/
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"Alfred" <Alfred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The default mpeg codec on my Windows XP SP 2 machine was randomly
> corrupted.
> I could not pin-point the date. I tried several system restores. I tried
> re-downloading the codec package. All other videos play fine. The mpegs
> crash my machine, regardless of the player (except QT which uses it's own
> mpeg codec). Please help! (Tech-school student here, so please do not
> dumb
> it down)

alfred

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004

There's no reinstall option. The installer just sees that it's already
install on my computer and stops. Any way to uninstall DirectX so I can
reinstall it?