Can CD-ROM be the master and HD be the Slave on Primary IDE?

liu

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

My CD-ROM drive bay is on top of the HD one. I thought the connection
at the end has to be the master and other one in the middle being the
slave. So I set it up as CD being the master, and HD as the slave. My
PC does not recognize any dirve???

Any suggestions,

cpliu

liu

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

I was wrong. It seems OK to have the one at the end as slave and the
one in the middle as the master. It works fine now.

cpliu

liu <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote

> My CD-ROM drive bay is on top of the HD one. I thought the connection
> at the end has to be the master and other one in the middle being the slave.

Only if you use cable select.

> So I set it up as CD being the master, and HD as the slave.

You could have done it the other way.

> My PC does not recognize any dirve???

It should have.

> Any suggestions,