Can CD-ROM be the master and HD be the Slave on Primary IDE?

Last response: in Storage
Share
July 30, 2005 2:48:17 AM

My CD-ROM drive bay is on top of the HD one. I thought the connection
at the end has to be the master and other one in the middle being the
slave. So I set it up as CD being the master, and HD as the slave. My
PC does not recognize any dirve???

Any suggestions,

cpliu
July 30, 2005 3:26:45 AM

I was wrong. It seems OK to have the one at the end as slave and the
one in the middle as the master. It works fine now.

cpliu
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 30, 2005 11:54:24 PM

liu <spamfreeliu@yahoo.com> wrote

> My CD-ROM drive bay is on top of the HD one. I thought the connection
> at the end has to be the master and other one in the middle being the slave.

Only if you use cable select.

> So I set it up as CD being the master, and HD as the slave.

You could have done it the other way.

> My PC does not recognize any dirve???

It should have.

> Any suggestions,