Movie Maker 2 - Movie File Size and Quality

When saving a moving file, selecting the 2.1mbps tells me my movie file will
be 377 megs, but after is all saved as a .wmv file, it is only 28 megs. Wny
the difference. THe movie is composed of over 200 still images that range
from 2-4 MP. Is there any way to make the movie store each image at it's
original resolution?
2 answers Last reply
More about movie maker movie file size quality

    Save as a DV-AVI file.
    www.coribright.com

    "Sherpa" <Sherpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When saving a moving file, selecting the 2.1mbps tells me my movie file
    > will
    > be 377 megs, but after is all saved as a .wmv file, it is only 28 megs.
    > Wny
    > the difference. THe movie is composed of over 200 still images that range
    > from 2-4 MP. Is there any way to make the movie store each image at it's
    > original resolution?

    As Cari says a dv-avi file is the best quality you'll get from Movie maker,
    but you cannot save as the original file size as you are working in a
    different medium, a bit like apples and pears.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    > Save as a DV-AVI file.
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "Sherpa" <Sherpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When saving a moving file, selecting the 2.1mbps tells me my movie file
    > > will
    > > be 377 megs, but after is all saved as a .wmv file, it is only 28 megs.
    > > Wny
    > > the difference. THe movie is composed of over 200 still images that
    range
    > > from 2-4 MP. Is there any way to make the movie store each image at
    it's
    > > original resolution?

Video File Size Movies Movie Maker Windows XP