Newbie Camera Recommendations

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 13, 2004 6:27:08 PM

Hi - I'm looking for recommendations for a cheapish digital camera. Mainly
it'll be used for snapshots, but I want also something that can produce
pretty decent amateur shots and maybe the odd short movie. From my brief
bit of research, I've come up with the following criteria which I think
suits my needs.

Easy to Use, Point and Click
4 MPixel or higher
Compact Flash (I want 256Mb eventually)
Good Optical Zoom, Auto Focus, CCD
Acceptable Indoor Shots
Decent Battery Life
2.2" Colour LCD
Movies (Preferably not quicktime, and of decent length and resolution)
Microphone an advantage
USB (2.0 Preferable) under WinXP SP2
Budget £100-200 (£250 tops)

tia
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 12:30:29 AM

That's a pretty stiff list for that price range... the Fuji Finepix 3800
has most of what you require, but it's only 3.2 mp and takes XD memory.

--
Craig J Hadfield AKA EnglishBob
Canon Digital Rebel 300D

"English Bob" <bob@bobsbunker.net> wrote......

> That's a pretty stiff list for that price range... the Fuji Finepix 3800
> has most of what you require, but it's only 3.2 mp and takes XD memory.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see this... The Sony Cybershot DSC-P73S is currently
taking my interest at only £150 (albeit with a 1.5" LCD and memory stick).
But it seems to do everything else I require. I could pay an extra £100 for
a 2.5" screen but I don't think that it'll be worth it.
October 14, 2004 3:18:42 PM

"English Bob" <bob@bobsbunker.net> wrote.....

> That's a pretty stiff list for that price range... the Fuji Finepix 3800
> has most of what you require, but it's only 3.2 mp and takes XD memory.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see this... The Sony Cybershot DSC-P73S is currently
taking my interest at only £150 (albeit with a 1.5" LCD and memory stick).
But it seems to do everything else I require. I could pay an extra £100 for
a 2.5" screen but I don't think that it'll be worth it.
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 3:16:41 PM

You are on the right track.
Just keep looking at newly released cameras til you have what you
want. They are getting cheaper and better with every new release.

DO NOT BUY A CAMERA THAT WAS RELEASED LAST YEAR!!!

PJ

!