why's my maximum color 16

please help.

sorry to write this on an xp thread but I couldn't find a more suitable one
because i've got windows98.

the problem is that ive only got 16 colors and my screen resolution is
640x480 and I can't change these settings as its not giving me a higher
choice. its not reading my graphics card (nividia TNT-2M-64).

What do I do
thanx Jen
3 answers Last reply
More about maximum color

    Try updating the graphics cardd rivers from n-vidia first.

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > please help.
    >
    > sorry to write this on an xp thread but I couldn't find a more suitable
    one
    > because i've got windows98.
    >
    > the problem is that ive only got 16 colors and my screen resolution is
    > 640x480 and I can't change these settings as its not giving me a higher
    > choice. its not reading my graphics card (nividia TNT-2M-64).
    >
    > What do I do
    > thanx Jen

    hi
    yeah i did do that but its not showing up by my didplay adapters and I still
    cant get more than 16 colors
    pls wb
    jen

    "Graham Hughes" wrote:

    > Try updating the graphics cardd rivers from n-vidia first.
    >
    > --
    > Graham Hughes
    > MVP Digital Media
    > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > www.simplydv.com
    >

    > "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > please help.
    > >
    > > sorry to write this on an xp thread but I couldn't find a more suitable
    > one
    > > because i've got windows98.
    > >
    > > the problem is that ive only got 16 colors and my screen resolution is
    > > 640x480 and I can't change these settings as its not giving me a higher
    > > choice. its not reading my graphics card (nividia TNT-2M-64).
    > >
    > > What do I do
    > > thanx Jen

    Which driver number does it show as being installed?

    --

    > hi
    > yeah i did do that but its not showing up by my didplay adapters and I
    still
    > cant get more than 16 colors
    > pls wb
    > jen
    >
    > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
    >
    > > Try updating the graphics cardd rivers from n-vidia first.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Graham Hughes
    > > MVP Digital Media
    > > www.dvds2treasure.com
    > > www.simplydv.com
    > >

    > > "Jen" <Jen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > please help.
    > > >
    > > > sorry to write this on an xp thread but I couldn't find a more
    suitable
    > > one
    > > > because i've got windows98.
    > > >
    > > > the problem is that ive only got 16 colors and my screen resolution is
    > > > 640x480 and I can't change these settings as its not giving me a
    higher
    > > > choice. its not reading my graphics card (nividia TNT-2M-64).
    > > >
    > > > What do I do
    > > > thanx Jen

Video Windows XP