Offering video steaming on my website

Hi
I have some documentary videos (about 1 hour long) that I have saved to avi
files these take up about 9 gig
Is there a utility that I can use that will make these suitable for video
streaming from my website?
The resolution could propably be dropped (its mostly just people talking).
It is likely that the site will be accessed by dialup clients.

Thanks
John Davy

First of all you're going to have to re-encode, in a much lower resolution,
even on DSL, 9gb is going to take hours, if not days.

Windows Media Encoder:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

After that you should contact your hosting company for options. They may
be able to offer something along the following:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/server.aspx
www.coribright.com

"John Davy" <jdavy@adam.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have some documentary videos (about 1 hour long) that I have saved to
> avi files these take up about 9 gig
> Is there a utility that I can use that will make these suitable for video
> streaming from my website?
> The resolution could propably be dropped (its mostly just people talking).
> It is likely that the site will be accessed by dialup clients.
>
> Thanks
> John Davy

Thanks for your help - I will follow these leads up

Cheers
John