How to eject/dismount an external USB drive from command l..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?)

Ok, I could dismount an external USB harddisc by left-clicking on the USB-Icon in the Systray
and choose the appropriate drive to dismount it.
But I want to do this from command line.

How do I do this? I have heard from a devcon.exe HardwareDevice Manager tool.
Does that run under WIn2000 too?

How do I code a disconnect of drive T: with devcon ?

Thomas
1 answer Last reply
More about eject dismount external drive command

    "Thomas Stein" <tstein@email.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, I could dismount an external USB harddisc by left-clicking on the USB-Icon in the Systray
    > and choose the appropriate drive to dismount it.
    > But I want to do this from command line.
    >
    > How do I do this? I have heard from a devcon.exe Hardware Device Manager tool.
    > Does that run under WIn2000 too?

    It is part of the Windows DDK, and does run under Win2K.

    > How do I code a disconnect of drive T: with devcon ?

    It doesn't know about drive letters.
    Try this. substring is from listclass output.

    devcon listclass diskdrive
    devcon remove *substring*

Hardware External USB Microsoft Storage